Help us in the Search of Volunteers, Become a Volunteer Partner.
VIRTUAL POSITION WITH POSSIBILITY OF FUTURE COMMUNITY OUTREACH
This position is a great way to connect with your community, gain valuable experience working with several different lines of service in the Red Cross. This position is a fantastic way to gain different kinds of experience and grow your resume.
- Develop and execute implementation of a recruitment work plan outlining objectives, strategies, and tactics supporting the priorities. Set realistic targets and focus on delivering results.
- Proactively identify and respond to challenges impacting other recruitment and community engagement priorities with steps to address those challenges in the context of the talent and its ability to execute.
- Build a culture that supports the Red Cross mission.
- Recruit volunteers to ensure redundancy in managing key implementation planning processes and/or critical operations functions.
- Identify roles for volunteers based on the implementation plan as well as delegate and mentor volunteers in a supportive manner.
- Incorporate training program into volunteer work plans to strengthen the team.
- Design an ongoing succession plan, consistent with the development/training program.
About American Red Cross - Cascades Region
3131 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 97227, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things. The Red Cross workforce is made up of over 90% volunteers, meaning our mission is carried out by community members like yourself.
Multiple locations Salem, OR 97308
December 1, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months to a Year