2 people are interested
Emergency Department Volunteer
2 people are interested
Errands: be available at the desk area to run errands to other departments (i.e., lab, imaging, sterile processing); search other department areas for ED wheelchairs as needed; be sure to let charge nurse/staff know if you leave the department
Cleaning: Cleaning rooms is primarily the responsibility of EVS. Your role may be to assist staff by striping or making beds, tidy rooms, i.e.: empty wastebaskets, clear off counter tops, align beds and set brakes or empty linen hampers throughout the shift.
- Replace supplies and equipment to proper location in rooms, including (but not limited to) tissue, chux pads, pink basins, exam gloves, patient belonging bags, water cups, thermometer covers, and suction supplies.
- Restock supplies in all drawers and cabinets in rooms.
- Stock IV supplies
- Stock nursing areas and rooms with syringes, alcohol swabs, etc.
- Blanket Warmer
- Organize cables attached to patient monitor, assuring that a regular adult BP cuff, hard plastic pulse-ox probe, and 3-lead cardiac monitoring cables are attached.
- Restock fluids in the fluid warmer, dating newly replaced bags 2-weeks from date placed in the warmer
- Restock linens in rooms as needed.
- Volunteers may assist in the transport of patients only after having been trained in proper wheelchair/gurney transport safety
- Transport patients to car or room if admitted, depending on transport needs and moving/lift requirements
- Volunteers may accompany an RN to ICU/CCU/PCU for assistance with transfer; volunteers cannot transport these patients independently
- Volunteers are NOT to transport patients under Isolation and/or Fall Risk precautions and any IV therapy, other than normal saline and/or oxygen
- Assist patients requiring a wheelchair;
- Assist patients and visitors with directions around ER and hospital.
- Assist in "crowd control" keeping visitor numbers down to one/two per patient - exception: parents of a child or per ED Staff request.
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
01:00 PM to 05:00 PM
05:00 PM to 10:00 PM
10:00 PM to 02:00 AM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Boulder Community Health
4747 Arapahoe, Boulder, CO 80301, US
To provide our community the highest value healthcare in an innovative, patient-centered environment.
Non profit, community based health care system.
4747 Arapahoe AvenueBoulder, CO 80303
October 18, 2021
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hour shift, 1 time a week.