1 person is interested
Community Education Engagement Volunteer
1 person is interested
Are you interested in creating relationships in schools and the community for opportunities to present on domestic and sexual violence awareness? Apply to be a community education volunteer for 360 Communities.
- Volunteer will conduct at least one in person meeting and or presentation in the community per month (with the opportunity to do more if desired)
- Volunteer will spend 1-2 hours/ week contacting potential schools and community organizations for presentations.
- Volunteer will work closely with the community educator to represent the 360 Communities brand and deliver the most current content to potential schools and organizations.
- Complete a background check
- Must have access to a laptop
- Must have transportation to and from presentation locations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will complete onboarding and training from the Community Educator
- Will attend the 40 Hour Sexual Assault Training (Preferred not required)
- Will attend additional trainings as needed
- Is available during a variety of times to be able to attend school and business presentations and meetings
- Goal-driven individual preferable with non-profit or other volunteer experiences, or a desire to gain such experience
- Has a strong set of time-management, interpersonal communication, organizational, and strong public speaking and research skills
- Ability to self-motivate, stay on task and work independently
- Experience working with a range of ages
- Very comfortable public speaking in a room of 20+ individuals and is an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Is engaging with an audience and can keep them interested throughout a presentation or meeting
- Previous knowledge of sexual and domestic violence.
- Is willing to participate in development of communication strategies to reach the largest audience.
To apply, please sign up on our volunteer interest form.
Must adhere to all COVID-19 social distancing requirements and be masked in our congregate living shelters and when asked to at different community locations.
About 360 Communities
501 E. Hwy 13, Suite 112, Burnsville, MN 55337, US
360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives. We provide help in the moment and hope for the future.
Founded more than 40 years ago by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities provides hope and support to more than 17,500 individuals each year with services in over 40 locations, including a network of five food shelves, two resource centers, two sexual and domestic violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth through high school graduation. About 1,200 volunteers donate their time, energy and talent in support of 360 Communities every year.
360 Communities delivers a full circle of support to families through its strong network of programs, resources, and community partners. No matter how a person enters 360 Communities, staff and volunteers engage them to identify the root causes of their problems and provide resources to help them onto a path toward self-sustained success
Eagan Lewis HouseEagan, MN 55122
October 18, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer will conduct at least one in person meeting and or presentation in the community per month Volunteer will spend 1-2 hours/ week contacting potential schools and community organizations for presentations