Senior iOS developer
Senior iOS Developer
Android Developer (Volunteer)
Note : The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work to address climate change. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. A 6 months commitment is preferred. This is a remote-from-home position.
Are you an iOS developer with 5+ years of experience? Do you have experience managing a team? Do you want to make a difference in the climate crisis? Are you motivated by working with smart and talented individuals who are creating a better world? Can you commit approximately 7 - 10 hours a week, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team? If so, we would love to chat about your help and unique talents.
Who We Are
Earth Hero is a global all-volunteer nonprofit organization with users in 153 countries. We exist to make it easy to act on climate change. The climate emergency we currently face requires adequate and immediate action. It is one of the most threatening crises of our time. To rise to the challenge, we help people discover personalized, positive steps to care for our shared planet, improve lives, and build a better future. Check out https://www.earthhero.org to get to know us better and see if our mission and project resonate with you.
We are looking for action-oriented individuals who are excited to address climate change. As a startup, we are looking for people who will help build and scale our impact and at the same time are willing to roll up their sleeves to get stuff done! This is an opportunity to be part of an organization where you can have a direct impact, grow your experience, and have the flexibility to fit the role into your life.
- Play a central role on the iOS development team.
- Team with Design, QAs, and other Developers to bring app improvements to life.
- Participate in regular design and code reviews with development team members.
- Work independently to improve the code base, with the support from the team to remove roadblocks and save you time.
- Improve processes and tools to increase team effectiveness.
- Act as a technical reference for others for the mobile application development life-cycle.
- Identifying and rectifying bugs and enhancing application performance.
- 5+ years of experience engineering for iOS devices.
- Leading a team of developers, including coordinating different tasks and reviewing work.
- Ability to take initiative, learn new things, and apply them.
- Good communication skills, time management, and attention to detail are key attributes in this role.
- Team- player that is positive, proactive and a motivated self-starter.
- Be part of the solution to one of the biggest challenges of our age
- Channel your talents and passion in an interesting environment
- Experience and help shape an up-and-coming nonprofit organization
- Develop new skills and valuable experience to enhance your professional trajectory
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis
- Have fun while you make a difference
You will work remotely and on your own schedule. Roles work best with a minimum commitment of 6 months for 7 - 10 hours a week (or more if you like!). Because our all-volunteer team is spread throughout the world, we rely mostly on a combination of Slack, Github, and video calls to communicate.
If you possess a high level of self-motivation, work well in teams, have strong collaboration skills, enjoy the opportunity to partner with like-minded individuals, and can commit quality time per week to help achieve team goals, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, send your resume/CV or LinkedIn profile and a brief message explaining why you are a good fit for this volunteer position. Please note that there are a limited number of positions available. You can submit through this platform or send a message to email@example.com
About Earth Hero
3537 S. KING DR., Chicago, IL 60653, US
We believe a billion compassionate activists can restore a healthy Earth where life can thrive, so we are motivated to inspire people and their communities to join the global climate movement. Our nonprofit volunteer team is focused on providing tools and ideas that empower all who want to reduce emissions and care for our shared planet. We help people to effectively respond to the climate emergency while strengthening their resilience and quality of life.
Our 100% volunteer non-profit team is focused on providing tools and ideas that empower those who want to address climate change and care for our shared planet. The free Earth Hero mobile app has users in 153 countries joining together to respond to the climate emergency while strengthening their quality of life. The project was started by volunteers and advanced by volunteers around the world who want to make a difference and have a positive impact. Check out the Earth Hero website and search us in the app store to learn more! (www.earthhero.org)
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 17, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Google Apps
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- You will work remotely and on your own schedule. Roles work best with a minimum commitment of 6 months for 7 - 10 hours a week (or more if you like!). Because our all-volunteer team is spread throughout the world.