Red Cross - Ready to join us as a media relations volunteer? (Pierce Co.)
Red Cross media relations volunteers are part of a professional volunteer team that develops and delivers the Red Cross story behind-the-scenes, on-camera, in person, and online through media channels, websites, social media feeds and other content platforms. Responsibilities include:
- Be on call during shifts to vet and assess media inquiries and share information on smaller incidents.
- Serve as media spokesperson for local news outlets in person, over the phone or through Skype interviews.
- Work with chapter and regional leadership to write and pitch local stories to local media.
- Showcase Red Cross services and programs through earned media outreach at events, training, interview, etc.
- Write and distribute media advisories and press releases.
- Create and maintain media lists.
- Protect the reputation of the Red Cross by identifying and assessing potential for harm to Red Cross brand, misinformation or information gaps. Work with communications management team to develop a strategic approach.
- Obtain Red Cross training and networking opportunities
- Hands-on experience with a professional non-profit organization and staff
- Opportunity to see work viewed by the public, promotional campaigns, and disaster communications
Sleeves up. Hearts open. All in.
Ready to make a difference? Please visit www.redcross.org/volunteer to get started!
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Various locations in Pierce CountyTacoma, WA 98402
December 1, 2021
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This is an after-hours, on-call position. Minimum of 5 hours per week. Flexible based on current needs.