Blood Donor Ambassador- Charlottesville VA
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with
blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood
donations. Assist donors with re-hydrating after donation and observe for post-donation reactions.
Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
* Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs
through the blood donation process
* Manage donor flow and direct donors to tablet registration
* Model excellent customer service behaviors
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while
creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
* Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for
* Check if donor was provided post-donation information before leaving the drive
* Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
* Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product
for maximum impact
* Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
* May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities
* Variable; preferred commitment: 1+ shift/month, average shift is 5-6 hours
* Must be over the age of 16
*Must clear background check
*COVID-19 vaccination required
* Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
* Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
* Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor
* Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
* Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
Length of Appointment
* Preferably 6 months - 1 year, renewable each year
* Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
* Network and meet new people
* Develop customer service skills that last a lifetime Requirements
* Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
* Onboarding with the American Red Cross Biomedical Dept
* Online Blood Drive Volunteer Training in EDGE
* Ongoing training and refresher cours
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Charlottesville, VA 22901
October 15, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One (1) 5 hour shift per month
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required