3 people are interested
Bloom Fitness Volunteer - Accessible Fitness for Everyone!
ORGANIZATION: A-B Tech Community College
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
A-B Tech’s Transitional Studies department inspires and supports students engaging in ongoing academic, personal, and career development. A-B Tech's Adult Basic Education Foundation program in Transitional Studies offers FREE classes for adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities and low levels of literacy, to explore and develop academic and employable skills.
Through a special partnership between A‐B Tech and Bloom Fitness, classes are offered to improve the health and wellness of students with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Bloom Fitness classes include cycling, dance, yoga, and nutrition and are a fun way to promote health, build self‐esteem, and be part of a fitness community.
- Bloom Fitness volunteers will assist and support the instructor or depending on experience may lead 30‐minute fitness classes in yoga, strength, Pilates, dance, and indoor cycle.
- To learn more about Bloom Fitness visit bloomfitness.org/.
- An application, background check and orientation/ brief training are required before starting this position.
- Must be able to commute to A-B Tech in Asheville NC. This position is in-person.
- Passion for physical fitness
- Experience and enjoyment of working with intellectual and developmentally disabled individuals
- Teaching/Coaching experience preferred
- Comfortable and appropriate attire is required.
- Room temperatures are variable - please dress accordingly.
- Hemlock Building, A-B Tech, 207 Victoria Rd., Asheville NC 28801
Health and Safety:
- For current COVID-19 guidelines visit https://abtech.edu/COVID
Founded in 1959 in the heart of Asheville, A-B Tech is the largest higher education institution in Western North Carolina, serving approximately 23,000 students a year in Buncombe and Madison counties. One of 58 community colleges in the NC Community College System, A-B Tech offers 190 degrees, diplomas, and certificates, as well as a wide range of workforce training and continuing education programs. A-B Tech includes the main Asheville campus, A-B Tech Enka (home of the A-B Tech Small Business Center and Business Incubation Program, Craft Beverage Institute of the Southeast and N.C. BioNetwork), A-B Tech Madison, A-B Tech Woodfin, the Goodwill Center and the ABCCM Transformation Village in West Asheville, and a future location at Biltmore Park West. Learn more at abtech.edu. To learn more about our volunteering program visit www.abtech.edu/volunteer.
About A-B Tech Community College
340 Victoria Road, Asheville, NC 28801, US
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College inspires, nurtures, and empowers students and the community toward a better quality of life through progressive teaching, bold innovation, and supportive collaboration.
Volunteers are a vital part of achieving our mission of student success while delivering quality education to enhance academic, workforce, and personal development. Volunteers from all backgrounds serve in various capacities across all our campuses, from administrative support to tutoring.
Learn more about A-B Tech at https://abtech.edu/
A-B Tech Community College (Hemlock Building)340 Victoria Rd.Asheville, NC 28801
November 16, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- Adult Education
- Physical Education
- Fitness Instruction
- Special Needs
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are needed to commit to a couple of classes a month to build ongoing relationships with the students. Classes are held Monday through Thursday 10am-noon with some classes on Friday. Schedules are based on volunteer availability.
- A-B Tech is excited to welcome dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers to its campus to mentor and tutor students.