26 people are interested
Software Quality Assurance (QA) Tester
26 people are interested
About Code for San Jose:
- Code for San Jose (CFSJ) is an all-volunteer powered organization.
- We are a chapter of Code for America.
- As a chapter, we focus on civic innovation and government technology in San Jose, Silicon Valley, and across the country.
- You do not have to be located in San Jose, California in order to volunteer with us.
- We welcome everyone interested in solving community problems through technology, user experience design/research, and community partnerships.
- Our mission is to make community services more transparent, accessible, and equitable by collaborating with local government and other community-based organizations on civic projects.
- We have over 100 active volunteers with over 13 active projects.
- Our leadership team consists of 13 other directors and 18 project leaders.
- All of our events are posted on meetup.
About this Specific Opportunity:
- Role title
- Software QA Tester
- Estimated time commitment
- 3 hours a week
- This role’s goal
- Help us deliver high quality software to our community service groups
- This role’s responsibilities
- QA test websites and API through black box and white box testing
How to get started:
- Please join our Slack organization using this link: https://bit.ly/3f78NML
- After you join Slack, someone from the CFSJ leadership team will connect with you via Slack about how to get started and what your next steps are.
Find more information about CFSJ:
- Our website: https://www.codeforsanjose.org
- Our meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/code-for-san-jose
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Code for America
972 Mission St, 5th floor, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, US
Government can work for the people, by the people, in the digital age. We believe government at all levels can and should work well for all people. We use insights and ideas from real people to guide us to real solutions that break down barriers to meet community needs and improve government in meaningful ways. Let’s make it work for everyone.
Code for America is committed to building a team as diverse as the nation we serve. We’re made up of people-centered problem solvers: technologists, advocates, storytellers, and organizers from many different backgrounds and communities around the country. We merge the best parts of technology, nonprofit, and government.
We believe government at all levels can and should work well for everyone- and the mindful use of technology makes it possible.
We’re known for building digital tools, but the work doesn’t stop there. We seek to transform government by showing what’s possible when communities are included in policy and service design. We use insights and ideas from real people to guide us to real solutions that break down barriers to meet community needs and improve government in meaningful ways.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 14, 2021
- Computer Science
- Basic Computer Skills
- IT Consulting
- 3 hours per week for 2 months