The Content Curator will meet with different project liaisons and collect relevant information from all NSDI programs to craft blogs, social media postings, and spotlights. Additionally, the Content Curator will collect and maintain a calendar of events for the organization. This position's primary goal is to help promote NSDI services and community events to ensure up-to-date and accurate information is provided to our clients and community.
- Meet bi-weekly with staff across programs to compile information on events, program highlights, and current activities.
- Craft 1-2 blogs a month for publishing on the NSDI website.
- Create content for NSDI social media platforms to promote events and organizational updates on a biweekly basis.
- Compile and maintain an accurate calendar of events to be shared across social media and the NSDI website.
- Collect community event flyers and happenings for social media and website publishing.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Nile Sisters Development Initiative
5532 El Cajon Blvd, Suite 5, San Diego, CA 92115, US
The Nile Sisters Development Initiative mission is to educate, support, and offer training to refugee and immigrant women and their families to help them overcome barriers to social and economic self-reliance.
Nile Sisters Development Initiative (NSDI) is a California nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, founded in 2001 by Elizabeth Lou. Being intimately acquainted with the daunting challenges facing a refugee entering the United States, Elizabeth wanted to provide a broad array of services to help refugees and immigrants in San Diego to acculturate and assimilate a new language, customs, and systems that are inherent to the American way of life. In 2019, NSDI expanded services and operations to Los Angeles County.
NSDI provides programs and services for low-income communities of color, including refugees, immigrants, and other underserved populations in Southern California. Programs fall into three categories: Emergency Relief, Family Education & Advocacy, and Vocational Training.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 15, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours a month
- Mastery of proper grammar and spelling Professional demeanor Attention to detail Experience with social media platforms