Patient/Family Care Services
- Initiates and maintains contact with assigned patient/family.
- Offers various forms of assistance, comfort measure, supportive services, including reading to and writing for patient, sitting at bedside, especially during dying process and caregiver relief for families.
- Assists patients and families to cope with problems of terminal illness and death; helps them to express feelings and concerns.
- Completes written reports of contact and submits to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Refers to the Volunteer Coordinator any immediate needs, problems or concerns.
- Attends on-going education programs and peer support groups, as requested.
- Continues to provide emotional support to family during bereavement as appropriate or recommend bereavement follow-up by others.
About Ardent Hospice & Palliative Care of the Valley
601 High Street, Delano, CA 93215, US
Our Mission Our patients and their loved ones are the center of our work. When curative treatments have become ineffective, Ardent Hospice delivers peace of mind with a mission to relieve pain and suffering. Our team of professionals has a passion for providing superior, thoughtful care at the end of life, and works around the clock to improve the quality of life for our patients, their loved ones, and caregivers by creating an atmosphere of acceptance and respect for all. We go beyond simply administering pain medication and treatment to keep patients comfortable; we focus on each individual as a complete being, providing care to his or her family as well. Our mission is to connect and collaborate with every patient and family and support them in every decision.
At Ardent Hospice of the Desert we believe in doing the right thing for the right reasons. Our focus and priority are always on the patient and his or her quality of life. Many of our past clients have called us their angels because of the dedication and quality of care we administer.
601 High StreetSuite EDelano, CA 93215
October 14, 2021
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training