Looking to help ensure success with providing free tutoring! - Email Distribution Specialist
Title: Email Distribution Specialist - Non-profit volunteer opportunity
Estimated Hours/Week: 5-8+ hours/week
Expected Commitment: 3+ months
About Pandemic Professors:
Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic. We are a 100% volunteer- run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
If you are interested, please apply directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
- Organize contact information from multiple databases to maintain and update mailing lists
- Manage and oversee several databases with tutor, staff, and intern contact information.
- Manage internal communication distribution through Google Workspace and YAMM (Yet Another Mail Merge).
- Identify trends and insights to optimize data retention and management.
- Report to the Head of Communications.
- Experience with Google Workspace and database maintenance is required.
- Experience with Mailchimp and YAMM is a plus.
- Excellent media and communication skills.
- Desire to grow to be a strong manager who can lead a team to group and individual success.
- English, Creative Writing, Communications, or experience with branding, content strategy, marketing, or copywriting is a plus.
- Experience working with nonprofits is a plus.
- Experience working with students and parents or experience tutoring is a plus.
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 13, 2021
- Technical Writing
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- Must be at least 18