Virtual Office Assistant
Position Title: Office Assistant
Posting Date: October 2021
Position Start Date: This position is available immediately.
Position Reports to: President and CEO
How to Apply:
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
-Most current resume/CV
-Three references stating their names, affiliation/organization, email, phone number
Ivy Child International (Ivy Child) is an emerging nonprofit organization based in Concord,
Massachusetts. We work to provide children and youth with mindfulness-based, health
education programs such as yoga, meditation, art and music.
Our mission is to enhance the social and emotional well-being of children by recognizing their
multicultural needs, using education and positive psychology as a uniting force to inspire
resilience and leadership.
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of routine administrative and office support tasks, respond to customer service inquiries and provide administrative support to the assigned organizational function.
- Provides administrative support by receiving and screening telephone inquiries and visitors, responding to routine questions and providing information, typing, sorting, and filing documents.
- Copying, scanning and/or faxing documents, assisting with completion of routine forms, opening and distributing mail and preparing outgoing mail.
- Prepares monthly reports by entering, tracking, recording, and reporting data into automated database system and gathering and summarizing information.
- Coordinate events including: calendars, prepares correspondence, management presentations, ad hoc reports, translation/adaptation of documents and other related duties.
- Proactively looks for new ways to improve current processes/work templates and their continuous improvement/efficiency.
- Arrange and attend specific meetings, record the meeting minutes.
- Prepare, format, develop, edit, revise and review for accuracy; visual presentations, graphical material, planning documents, spreadsheets, reports and templates.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of nine (9) months of general office or administrative support experience.
- Typing Certificate verifying minimum typing speed of 75 net words per minute.
- Prior experience working for a non-profit in the capacity of an administrative/office assistant
- Post-secondary degrees are preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint.)
- Shows initiative, self-motivated, and superior organizational and time management skills.
- Requires discretion to perform all duties with confidentiality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deal with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks/assignments.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and surroundings.
Presently this is an unpaid volunteer position.
- Ability to make a difference in the community
- Flexibility with schedule
- Gain experience in a non-profit organization
- Virtual opportunities available
About Ivy Child International
35 Beharrell Street, Unit 1265, Concord, MA 01742, US
Our mission: "Helping Each Child Achieve Their Best" - Ivy Child enhances the social and emotional well-being of children by recognizing their multicultural needs, using education and positive psychology as a uniting force to inspire resilience and leadership. We encourage and enable families to participate in the growth of their child and strive to be a leading resource for caregivers, educators, and community organizations to receive guidance and instruction on creating a healthy child-centered environment.
Ivy Child International attained its nonprofit 501 (c)(3) status in Massachusetts in 2011,
and continues to provide cross-cultural positive psychological services for children,
families, and communities worldwide. Cross-cultural positive psychology
investigates how cultural factors influence positive behavior. While we all experience
happiness, how this emotion is expressed varies from one culture to the next. This field of psychology looks at both universal behaviors and unique behaviors to identify the ways that culture impacts familial, academic, social, professional, and other aspects of life. Through careful examination of the whole child, personal strengths and assets are identified to build an individualized Positive Psychological Plan (PPP). The Plan highlights goals to be integrated into the child's daily routine as a set of practical exercises and is designed to stimulate his/her mind, body, and spirit. ICI takes a holistic approach in treating and understanding the needs of its clients (ranging from young children to teenagers) by employing nutritionists, alternative medicine practitioners, art therapists, etc. to supplement the customized care provided by ICI’s professionals.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 13, 2021
- Grant Writing / Research
- Database Administration
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 5 to 10 hours a week