1 person is interested
Zoo Boise Education Programs Volunteer
1 person is interested
Education Program volunteers work with Education Department staff to provide insightful, engaging and conservation-driven classes about wildlife to registered program participants at Zoo Boise.
General responsibilities include:
- Engaging with and encouraging program participants
- Preparing craft, activity and game materials
- Assisting with group management both inside the classroom and on outside on zoo grounds
- Helping to reinforce instructions and student learning
- Promoting an atmosphere of fun!
- Education Program Volunteers can choose to participate in any of the following programs. Schedule varies based on program: Preschool Zoo (ages 3-5), Homeschool Zoo (ages 5-12), Stroller Safari (ages 2 and under), Adult Programs (ages 18 and over), School Break Day Camps (ages 7-12), Snooze at the Zoo (ages 7 and up) or School Field Trip Programs
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Zoo Boise
355 Julia Davis Dr, Boise, ID 83702, US
Zoo Boise connects our visitors with animals to inspire and involve our community in the conservation of wildlife worldwide.
Zoo Boise is a service of the City of Boise and is supported by the Friends of Zoo Boise, a 501(c)(3) membership organization that supports Zoo Boise in the area of animal acquisition, capitol improvement projects, education programs, volunteer opportunities, and special events. The goal of each of these components is to increase public awareness, knowledge, and appreciation of the zoo, wild animals, animal habitats, species conservation and the environment.Zoo Boise is accredited by the Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA). Look for the AZA logo whenever you visit a zoo or aquarium as your assurance that you are supporting a facility dedicated to providing excellent care for animals, a great experience for you, and a better future for all living things.
355 Julia Davis DriveBoise, ID 83702
October 13, 2021
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 40 hours between either: September – November, January – April, or June-August.
- • Abide by all policies in the Volunteer Handbook • Pay a $50 volunteer fee • Enjoy working with people of all ages • Must submit a negative TB test at own expense • Desire to further develop teaching skills in an informal education environment