DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
User your marketing & social media skills to connect with your community
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
In this volunteer role you'll help with the marketing for the Kirkland Parks & Community Foundation, principally social media. The time commitment is roughly 15-25 hours per month, pretty flexible. You'll work remotely, though we'll meet via phone or in-person as needed.
- Initially work with key board members to complete brand guidelines and develop a detailed plan for our editorial calendar.
- Own the social media strategy development and maintain key social media channels, particularly including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Post to other groups or accounts on Social Media.
- Work collaboratively to curate and generate content that encourages engagement and awareness of the Kirkland Parks & Community Foundation and our various campaigns.
- Proactively develop and propose new ideas and concepts for social media content.
- Prepare and manage a communications calendar and execute and manage all posts across platforms.
- Own monthly social reporting to highlight top-performing content, audience growth, brand health, and collaborate to set success metrics.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with supervising foundation board members to align with the foundation’s strategy.
- Monitor evolving social media trends and best practices for continuous improvement.
- Support other marketing needs, such as email newsletters.
- Ready and willing to roll up their sleeves
- Proficient in static and video creator tools such as Canva, PhotoShop, etc - Reliable and proactive - Articulate and organized
- A strong writer
- Creative and an eager learner
- Ability to create social media content calendars
- Knowledge of social media reporting and analytics tools
- Detail-oriented, organized, flexible and collaborative
- Willingness to think outside of the box and try new tools
- Help build our foundation’s brand voice
- Learn different aspects of what it takes to run a nonprofit organization
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About KIRKLAND PARKS & COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
603 4TH AVE STE 300, KIRKLAND, WA 98033, US
The Kirkland Parks and Community Foundation works with the community to conceptualize, plan, fund and implement park and community improvements, projects and activities that improve the quality of life for the residents of Kirkland.
Kirkland is known for the important role that parks play in our city. The community’s parks are a key part of why people choose to live in Kirkland and the city has done an excellent job of securing land for and creating useable parks as well as maintaining them at a very high standard.
This all being said, the people in Kirkland are creative & passionate and they have ideas for things that could be done in our parks to make them even better. That is why the Kirkland Parks Foundation was started in 2015. Since our founding, our goal was to be the voice for the community, enabling its people to raise funds for projects in the parks that have clear community support and contribute to their overall well-being.
Over the last five years we have funded projects raising more than $443,000 and have learned a lot in the process. One thing we discovered is that people in Kirkland have a lot of good ideas that go beyond just making our parks better; there is a great deal of energy and interest in the foundation expanding its scope to support community projects as well. (i.e. Santa’s Mailbox, KITE STEM project, etc.)
That is why we are changing our name and expanding our mission to become the Kirkland Parks and Community Foundation ("KPCF’).
603 4th AvenueKirkland, WA 98033
October 13, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- 15-25 hrs/month