Black Resilience Fund Scheduler
Role: BRF Scheduler
Reports To: Brondalyn Coleman
SUMMARY: The BRF Scheduler main duties include planning weekly employee schedules, determining appointment lengths and making phone calls to employees and customers regarding their appointment or meeting times.
ABOUT BROWN HOPE: Brown Hope is a community solution for racial justice. We develop Black, Brown, and Indigenous leaders to create powerful strategies that build community resilience and inspire transformational change. Guided by our 12 Principles of Hope, we organize four programs which help to advance our goals to transfer power and capital to Black, Brown, and Indigenous Oregonians: Blackstreet Bakery, Power Hour, Black Resilience Fund, and Equity & Beyond. As a nonprofit incubator, our programs evolve to meet critical needs in the community.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER: Brown Hope proudly has a team of diverse and passionate staff and volunteers. We offer a high energy work environment that encourages flexible work schedules, collaborative leadership, and multiple opportunities for professional advancement. Further, by helping to communicate more effectively and to develop an expanded awareness of what we do, the intern will allow our organization to better engage the community.
- Customer service background
- General computer skills
- Writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities, including historic and contemporary knowledge.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong active listening skills and note-taking.
- Ability to work autonomously and confidently in a variety of settings.
- An emotionally intelligent problem solver with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Be a culturally competent leader: eager to learn, open to diversity, and capable of working well with people from different backgrounds and identities.
- Integrity, credibility, and passion for supporting the communities Brown Hope partners with.
About BROWN HOPE
PO BOX 6807, PORTLAND, OR 97228, US
Brown Hope is a community solution for racial justice, creating connection with Black, Brown, and Indigenous leaders through the heart, mind, and voice to inspire our collective healing.
Brown Hope embodies the philosophy of trauma informed activism, launching initiatives that inspire hope, collective healing, and the grassroots momentum needed to dismantle systems that perpetuate harm against our communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 13, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication