2 people are interested
Refugee Youth Mentorship Outreach Coordinator
2 people are interested
Refugee Youth and Empowerment (RYSE) Initiative provides cross-collaboration and capacity building infrastructure for community-based mentorship programs supporting young adult refugees working towards academic, career, and personal goals.
The Outreach Coordinator role is a unique opportunity to join an all-volunteer nonprofit startup while learning and showcasing your ability to oversee the planning and implementation of outreach strategies. This is an unpaid position with flexible hours and is completely remote.
The team member will conduct outreach activities to engage organizational partners with three goals in mind. Firstly, outreach will engage refugee-serving organizations interested in growing or starting their own mentorship programs as RYSE implementing partners. Secondly, outreach will seek out new workgroup members. As the meeting point for engaged program implementers, the Refugee Youth Mentorship Workgroup, hosted and facilitated by RYSE Initiative, will act as a knowledge sharing platform with the goal of consolidating best practices. Finally, outreach will grow the catalogue of referral sources available to young adult refugees.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research new organizations of interest and potential contacts
- Reach out to organisations and individuals by email or phone
- Grow the RYSE newsletter subscribers list
- Update and improve engagement tracking in an outreach database
- Design and oversee the administrative management of the refugee youth mentorship workgroup
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong online research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Must be a self-starter
- Familiar with Google Workspace, LinkedIn, and Mailchimp
- Some knowledge of refugee-serving organizations
- An interest in nonprofit management and social impact collaboration
- An interest in international and refugee issues
Email your resume and one paragraph describing your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing, rolling basis.
About Refugee Youth Success and Empowerment (RYSE) Initiative
1255 22nd St NW, #57405, Washington, DC 20037, US
Mission: Refugee Youth Success and Empowerment (RYSE) Initiative provides cross-collaboration and capacity-building infrastructure for community-based mentorship programs supporting young adult refugees working towards academic, career, and personal goals.
RYSE (pronounced "rise") Initiative is developing the infrastructure to provide programmatic support for mentorship programs to organizational staff at refugee-serving partner organizations, facilitate cross-collaboration and sharing of best practices amongst refugee youth mentors, and transfer relevant and applicable life skills and growth opportunities to young adult refugees.
The goal of traditional U.S. refugee resettlement agencies is to get families financially stable as quickly as possible. This means agencies focus on the breadwinner of the family. While important, this goal can sideline young adult family members who also need guidance on navigating education, careers, and everyday life in a new country. RYSE’s vision is to empower young adult refugees living in the United States with the contextual life skills to pursue opportunities for further education, career choices, self-sufficiency, and self-actualization in their new home with the support of the local community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 13, 2021
- Public Relations
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training