2 people are interested
Board Member at Arts Education Nonprofit - Doodles Academy - Social Media Marketing
ORGANIZATION: DOODLES ACADEMY
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Board Member Description: Social Media Marketing
View more at doodles-academy.org
In order to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Letter of Interest
- Link to a social media account that demonstrates your ability to cultivate engagement and build a brand (either personally or professionally)
We believe in a future where all kids, regardless of their zip code, have access to the skills they need to become adaptable, creative, and empathetic adults. The visual arts teach these skills. We support teachers in providing a quality art education regardless of where or what they teach.
We do this through powerful curricula that connects to core subjects, often includes video tutorials, and encourages students to explore topics and themes in ways that are personally relevant rather than follow-the-prompts. Additionally, rather than sticking to a traditional canon of representation, we incorporate lots of art examples that are representative of lots of different types of people, communities, and ideas.
We also act as expert consultants and curriculum designers, partnering with a range of schools and organizations. We help organizations design curriculum that is relevant, integrated, and engaging.
About our board:
- Our board is a remote board, so all meetings take place via video conference.
- Trustee involvement is determined on an individual basis. While we expect our board members to participate in fundraising efforts, we envision our board being a diverse and open one where contributions of expertise and time are as important as financial ones. We seek leaders and experts on our board who can help guide and shape our organization. These experts are confident, and are able to participate in high-level planning and strategizing.
- Our board members are committed advocates for Doodles, they are actively engaged in ways that suit their position and lifestyle, and they demonstrate a belief in the organization.
Social Media Marketing Board Member
The Social Media Marketing Board Member at Doodles Academy will join other marketing-focused board members in overseeing all aspects of Doodles promotion and online engagement, with a particular focus on Doodles’ social media presence. This includes:
- Day-to-day social media engagement
- Content strategy and creation on all social media platforms
- Social media data analysis to measure engagement
- Social media campaigns to boost community engagement
- Translation of marketing campaigns and initiatives into compelling social media content
The Social Media Marketing Board Member will work in partnership with the Executive Director and other board members focused on marketing, meeting regularly (at least monthly) to establish timelines for new marketing initiatives, create strategic project plans, and lead implementation of the plans. These marketing projects and initiatives may include fundraising campaigns, user feedback surveys, email marketing, new product launches, and other promotional projects as determined by the Marketing Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualified candidates for the Social Media Marketing position will have:
- Demonstrated ability to use social media to build a brand and cultivate engagement, either personally or professionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Creativity and Imagination - the ability to translate ideas into fun, compelling content
- Commitment to the Doodles mission
In addition to the above, the following preferred skills and experiences will prepare the incoming board member for success:
- Experience in the education sector
- Experience with the following platforms/tools: HootSuite, Google Analytics, Pinterest, Facebook advertising, social media content management
- Formal experience managing social media accounts for a business, brand, or organization
Other roles and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Executive Director
- Report to the full Board regarding committee decisions and recommendations
Basic Board Member Expectations:
- Attend 3-4 Board Meetings throughout the year
- Attend an annual Individual Meeting with the Executive Director
- Develop a personal work-plan that determines the interests of the trustee and establishes the scope of involvement, taking into account capacity
- Fulfills role-specific commitments according to the description above
- Support peer-to-peer fundraising efforts, including a personal donation (the amount is up to the discretion of the trustee)
Throughout the year, the board supports:
- Establishing and frequently reviewing and revising mission oriented goals and objectives for the org to follow
- Reviewing and updating the business plan on a regular basis
- Helping the E.D. to identify steps needed to achieve the business plan, and helping to strategically outline these steps so that they are aligned with the orgs mission oriented goals and objectives
- Serving on committees that oversee departments (e.g., finance, marketing, education). Helping to strategically outline goals and projects within these departments so that they are aligned to the orgs mission oriented goals and objectives.
- Supporting the health of the organization by connecting the board to valuable human resources: e.g., foundations, potential new board members, advisors, etc.
- Advocating for and supporting Doodles Academy during fundraising
About DOODLES ACADEMY
510 snyder ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, US
Our mission is to expand children's access to high-quality arts education. Our vision is that every child receives an arts education that inspires and rewards creativity, growth and problem solving.
Doodles Academy provides an online curriculum that includes video examples, lesson plans, supply lists, and links to Common Core and Visual Art standards. We make it easy for educators of all types and experience levels to bring a comprehensive and open-ended curriculum to their students.
Our projects allow room for every child to tell her own story. We provide lessons that scaffold skills and ideas, challenging students to think complexly, but chunking it down so that they don't become overwhelmed. Discussion and exploration is built into each project, encouraging students to find their own creative solutions.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 27, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging