Amedisys Hospice Volunteer
Volunteers NEEDED for hospice. You can make a difference while
As a hospice volunteer you will provide, but not limited to:
- Provide emotional support, empathy, respite and other supportive services to hospice patients and their families
- Offering companionship
- Companionship for the bereaved
- Supportive listening and conversation
- Music therapy
- Reading, writing letters, and writing email messages
- Playing board games
- Arts and crafts
- Massage therapy
- Running errands
- Simple comfort measures for a patient
- Vigil sitting
MAsk any of our patients, and they’ll likely tell you the volunteers who visit them touch their hearts. They look forward to the visits and the compassionate caring volunteers bring.
If you have a passion for caring for others and are looking for a way to make a difference in people’s lives, consider becoming a hospice volunteer. Our volunteers are an important part of our hospice care team, helping improve the quality of life for our patients, their families and their caregivers.Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kristy Aiken, about becoming a hospice volunteer at Amedisys. Must be located within 70 miles of Roanoke, VA.
About Amedisys Hospice
5221 Valley Park Dr,, Roanoke, VA 24019, US
Our purpose: To assist patients in maintaining and improving their quality of life Our Strategy: To offer low-cost, outcome-driven health care at home Our Mission: To provide cost efficient, quality health care services to the patients entrusted to our care.
Hospice provides support and care for persons in the last phases of incurable disease so they may live as fully and as comfortable as possible. Hospice recognizes dying as a part of the normal process of living and focuses on maintaining the quality of remaining life. Hospice affirms life, and neither hastens nor postpones death. Hospice focuses on caring, not curing and in most cases care is provided in the patients home, which enables families to stay together in peace, comfort and dignity.
5221 Valley Park Dr, Suite 2Roanoke, VA 24019
October 13, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- The minimum to be an "active" volunteer is 1 hour per month. Most volunteers volunteer anywhere from once a week to a few hours per month. WE WORK WITH YOUR SCHEDULE AND CAN DO ALMOST EVERY VIRTUALLY.