Volunteer Coordinator - Red Cross Youth Clubs
If you love working with youth, and inspiring young people to take action in their communitites, we have a perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
The Red Cross Youth Club Coordinator serves as the contact for the Club and is the person ensuring the link to the Central Valley Chapter of American Red Cross.
- Create and maintain an environment where youth feel empowered to lead and mobilize peers in community service projects addressing local and global issues.
- Conduct/host monthly Club leadership meeting/call with Club leaders
- Be available to attend Club meetings as necessary or requested by Club leaders, or arrange for attendance by other chapter leadership.
- Assist the Red Cross Club officers with Club registration/renewal process
- Ensure that the Club enters all Club Events in Volunteer Connection (using the Club Events tab).
- Approve volunteer hours of Red Cross Club members .
- Provide Club with guidance and resources to be successful.
- Provide Club with Brand Guidelines and style guidelines and provide guidance about the use of the brand.
- Provide Club access to promotional materials
- Integrate Club members into the activities of the local Red Cross unit.
- Provide recognition opportunities for youth and young adult volunteers throughout the year.
- Have experience working with and leading youth.
- Enthusiastic about American Red Cross programs.
- Exceptional people skills to understand and meet the needs of a diverse audience.
- Ability to work with computer database (training provided).
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers.
- Be electronic and social media savvy.
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
1300 W Shaw Suite 4BFresnoFresno, CA 93711
October 12, 2021
- Youth Services
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours per week or 8-10 hours per month