2 people are interested
Case Management Intern
2 people are interested
The Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans ( CIANA), Case Management team provides job assistance, housing assistance, and public benefits application support, as well as referrals to other community and public resources. Our Case Management team is looking for highly personable, persistent, and detail-oriented Case Management Interns to assist our Case Managers with client services.
- Schedule and confirm new appointments with clients
- Facilitate correspondence between CIANA, clients, and outside agencies
- Complete general intake forms for new clients
- Assist with case working appointments and aid in interpretation, especially if proficient in Arabic, Bengali, Spanish or other languages
- Maintain and organize case management spreadsheets, database, and digital files
- Organize and maintaining up-to-date digital files
- Attend virtual trainings and coalition meetings with Case Manager and/or clients
- This internship is for undergraduate students (with at least two years completed) or graduate students
- Proficiency in Arabic, Bengali, Spanish, or another language
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Organization and filing
- Counseling or customer service
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite, especially Excel/Sheets
- Knowledge of public benefits
- Regular schedule required.
- 15 - 20 hours a week during CIANA office hours (Mon. - Fri. 10 AM - 6 PM).
- Fall semester
Unpaid, but may be completed for academic credit.
Interns will undergo orientation and training.
About Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans, CIANA
31-09 Newtown Avenue, Suite 411, Astoria, NY 11102, US
To provide special transitional services which will lead to the successful integration of newcomers into American society while continuing to maintain pride in their own cultural heritage .
Immigrants and refugees will be provided with the tools to emerge from poverty, isolation, and linguistic barriers to become full, productive American citizens. Our services promote family well-being and stability, provide counseling and support services, and expose newcomers to the social, economic and educational opportunities available to them. Professional social services will include ESOL and civics classes, citizenship preparation, adult literacy, child welfare and youth services, legal and immigration assistance, financial literacy, micro credit and finance, employment assistance, and information and referral services. Newcomers will gain a deeper understanding of western culture and how to incorporate its positive qualities into their lives without fear of losing their culture and identity; it will help them shape an identity that encompasses the best of both worlds and prevents their isolation and marginalization.
31-09 Newtown AvenueAstoriaNew York, NY 11102
October 12, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment Regular schedule required. 15 - 20 hours a week during CIANA office hours (Mon. - Fri. 10 AM - 6 PM). Fall semester