4 people are interested
Board of Directors - Director
4 people are interested
Myeloma Canada is a patient-focused, patient-driven, not-for-profit corporation dedicated to improving the lives of all Canadians impacted by myeloma. We are committed to advancing the understanding, management and treatment of this incurable cancer and to accelerating access to game-changing myeloma therapies and treatments.
Board of Directors
The Board is comprised of collegial individuals with diverse expertise and global experience, including notfor-profit managers, medical experts, research scientists, business executives, consultants, professionals and patients. Board Directors are involved in directing the affairs of the corporation in accordance with its strategic plan, articles, bylaws and applicable legislation. They serve in a fiduciary position of confidence for the corporation and are responsible for the overall effective governance and organizational strength of Myeloma Canada.
Myeloma Canada is currently recruiting new members for its Board of Directors. We are looking for candidates with skills or experience in one or more of the following areas:
Finance, Accounting and Audit
- An individual who possesses financial literacy skills and experience, including with financial statements, balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements in accordance with Canadian accounting standards.
Public Health Policy Administration
- An individual who possesses knowledge and experience in Canada’s public health system and regulatory environment, including public health policies, insurance plans, drug formularies, and patented medicine pricing.
Governance & Legal
- An individual who possesses knowledge and experience in Canada’s legal system and/or experience with board governance and the regulation of charitable bodies.
What we ask of you
- Act in the best interests of Myeloma Canada
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a Board Director
- Attend Board meetings regularly and arrive prepared for the meetings
- Support Board decisions and act as an ambassador in implementing them
- Respect the confidentiality pertaining to Board and Management discussions
What you bring to us
- Active contribution as a team player with a personal network
- A solutions-oriented mindset and creative thinking approach to issues
- Time and energy to prepare, attend and contribute at quarterly board meetings
- Personal commitment to Myeloma Canada’s vision, mission and strategic plan pillars
- Knowledge of, or interest in, the Canadian cancer eco-system and in the importance of the patient’s involvement in myeloma care
Meetings & Time Commitment
Number of meetings
Board Directors are expected to attend the quarterly Board meetings (4 per year). Typically, two of these meetings are held virtually, and two are held in person at varying locations.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15th, 2021. Please include "Board of Directors" in the subject line. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Myelome Canada
1255 Transcanada, Suite 160, Quebec, Montreal H9P 2V4, CA
Our vision A world where myeloma is no longer a debilitating or fatal disease Our mission To improve the lives of Canadians impacted by myeloma through awareness-building, educational efforts, advocacy, fostering an empowered myeloma community and support of clinical research so that a cure may be found
Myeloma Canada is the only national charitable organization created by, and for, Canadians impacted by multiple myeloma. As a grassroots organization, we were the first in Canada exclusively devoted to bridging the gap among patients, caregivers, industry partners, governments, researchers, clinicians, and healthcare professionals. Myeloma Canada has been making myeloma matter since it was founded in 2005. Please visit our website at myeloma.ca.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 14, 2021
- Legal (General)
- Public Advocacy
- Must be at least 18
- Up to 10 hours per month