8 people are interested
Remote ESOL tutors wanted for BCNC of Quincy (Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center)
ORGANIZATION: NORFOLK COUNTY RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
We are seeking volunteers age 55 and older from Norfolk County MA to be virtual tutors of English to immigrants with the Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center. Co-teach intermediate level Adult English conversation class 2 hours per week. Volunteers preferably will speak Mandarin or Cantonese. Receive training/orientation to be a remote tutor for conversation classes,
Monday mornings 10-am 12 noon or 6-8pm through June 2024
- Co-teach weekly conversation-based classes to 10-15 English language learners
- Plan lessons with the support of the co-teacher and BCNC staff
- Maintain accurate student attendance records
- Submit brief monthly reports about class activities to the volunteer coordinator
- Engage all students through a variety of topics and activities to help them develop the English and the confidence they need to succeed in everyday life!
- Must be a Norfolk County resident, 55 years or older
- Able to pass a CORI and SORI background check
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Have excellent communication skills
- Culturally competent, open-minded, and patient
- Able to work both independently and in a team
- Have ESOL teaching and/or tutoring experience, preferably with adult learners
About NORFOLK COUNTY RSVP
PO Box 310, 614 High St, Dedham, MA 02027, US
Norfolk County RSVP Volunteer Program is dedicated to meeting community needs by connecting volunteers age 55+ with opportunities that meet their skills and areas of interest. We believe that we are all called to serve one another through the use of our unique gifts and passions.
Make a difference in Norfolk County by connecting your passions with community needs!
Norfolk County RSVP has volunteer opportunities for people aged 55 & over in 28 cities and towns at over 50 volunteer sites. Volunteer opportunities include mentoring pre-release inmates, tutoring elementary school children, drivers for Veterans, meals on wheels and food pantires, friendly visiting, non-profit support services and many more! N.C. RSVP will find the volunteer opportunity that best fits your interests & schedule and impacts the needs that are most critical to our county's communities. N.C. RSVP provides mileage reimbursement, accident & liability insurance, an invitation to our annual recognition event, monthly newsletters, orientation & training.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 27, 2023
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Monday mornings 10-am 12 noon.