19 people are interested
Video Producer for an Education Nonprofit
ORGANIZATION: Minds Beyond Measure
Please visit the new page to apply.
19 people are interested
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), a nonprofit, strives to inspire purpose and passion, to empower and cultivate great minds in children, youth and teachers to improve educational outcomes in New York and developing countries.
Background of Our Organization
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), is a nonprofit, newly established in 2019. It was birthed from the founder's traveling experiences and living abroad across Asia, and seeing a lack of educational resources and the lack of access to education in some very impoverished communities. The journey included training teachers, teaching children and youth, visiting rural schools with limited or no resources, experiencing children and youth who were hungry for small things, often taken for granted in the Western world, such as pencils and paper to write and books to read. This experience then evolved into a passion to serve the underserved, at risk and provide access to quality education for both teachers and students through pathways that inspire for life. This is when MBM was born.
What if you could go to your place of employment with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do contributes to a great cause? When you work with us in the role of Video Production, this could be your life. You will be a part of creating short impactful videos that tell a story about our vision to inspire and empower children, youth and teachers in underserved communities across New York City and the Philippines.
Essential Job Functions:
The position entails 4 main tasks:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to prioritize video projects
- Responsible for planning and implementing all of the elements of a video project (e.g. create storyboards, scripts, music, captions )
- Creating short videos (promotional, testimonials, story-telling) for MBM
- Editing, creating, story-telling and confident with video production platforms such as Camtasia
About Minds Beyond Measure
West 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, US
Minds Beyond Measures (MBM) mission is to partner with schools and organizations around the world, to promote access to educational equity, and to inspire and empower teachers and young people, through Creative Arts and Cultural Competency Programs, Transformational Coaching and Professional Development, all while cultivating great Minds Beyond Measure.
MBM's mission, to inspire and empower young people and educators while cultivating minds beyond measure, is accomplished through focusing on three pathways that use a sustainable model which supports individual transformation and organizational change:
1) Supporting educators and leaders through transformational coaching, professional development and teacher training, to develop sustainable and effective pedagogical practices, improve the quality of teaching and in turn, improve student outcomes.
2) Mentoring children and youth through Creative Arts and Cultural Competency programs to foster holistic growth and development, and nurture social, emotional and cognitive well-being.
3) Bridging the educational gap that exists in underserved communities across New York City and beyond, as well as impoverished nations around the world, through providing teacher training, professional development, children and youth development programs and educational resources, to provide all students with equitable access to education.
West 42nd StreetNew YorkNew York, NY 10036
November 1, 2023
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Video Production
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- 2 hours per week