Help Assess the Damage after a Disaster - Join the Red Cross!
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to perform Information Planning readiness and capacity building activities needed to
enable effective service delivery (in a disaster response).
Reports To: Information and Planning Team Leader
- Information and Planning is responsible for gathering assessment and operational data required for effective management of a response, including information about the scope of the disaster and the effectiveness of the response.
- The data compiled by Information and Planning supports reports to donors about the effective use of the resources they have provided to the Red Cross.
- This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Information Planning program including:
- 1) Planning activities including Analysis and Planning, Disaster Assessment, Financial and Statistical
- Information, and Information Dissemination.
- 2) Management and use information management technology platforms for Disaster Response and Recovery
- (DSARS, RCView, etc.)
- 3) Providing operational planning support in both Blue Sky and Gray to events
- Time Commitment: Any time between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday -Friday. For field work during the first 72 hours of a local
Qualifications: Ability to:
- Follow and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
- Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
- Build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals.
- Be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
- Work toward service associate position in at least one Mass Care activity
Works closely with all other Information Planning Team Members to ensure team goals are achieved.
Length of Apptmt: Minimum of 3 months preferred, renewable. Once trained, may remain active as long as required training is updated.
5266 Data Collection
Disaster Operations Control: Form 5266 Fundamentals
Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
RC View for Viewers (When Fielded)
About The American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania
2201 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15222, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
4961 Pittsburgh AvenueErie, PA 16509
October 21, 2021
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Response
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training