1 person is interested
Help with Hurricane relief and Wild Fire Relief - Join our Shelter Team - ASAP!
1 person is interested
The purpose of this position is to perform Mass Care readiness and capacity building activities needed to enable effective service delivery (in a disaster response).
Responsibilities: Mass Care provides activities and services on a congregate basis to the
community as a whole including feeding, sheltering, reunification, and distribution of emergency supplies.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Mass Care program including:
1) Support the annual mass care goals, RDO objectives, and regional/
chapter plan for mass care services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities
2) Projects and local response activities will be assigned according to the
activities you are training in: feeding, sheltering, distribution of emergency supplies, or reunification.
3) Projects may include tasks such as conducting facility surveys for
response activity sites, meeting with partners to build relationships,
conducting inventory and updating supply kits.
Ability to: * follow and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
* adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
* build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals.
* be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
* work toward service associate position in at least one Mass Care activity
Relationships: Works closely with all other Mass Care workers to ensure team goals are achieved.
Development Opp: Take the Mass Care Management 2017 course. Take training and gain experience required to serve as:
* Feeding, Sheltering, Reunification, or DES worker during operations.
* Mass Care Regional Program Lead or Mass Care Chapter/Territory Coordinator
Training: * Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview (Required) * Mass Care: An Overview (Required)
* Fundamental courses for all Mass Care activities strongly recommended
About The American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania
2201 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15222, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Pittsburgh, PA 15222
October 25, 2021
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training