Youth Action Campaign Coordinator
- Have a clear understanding of the Restoring Family Links (RFL) program and ensure compliance
- Assist in recruiting and placing volunteers, as well as any additional orientation/training required, ensuring volunteers meet and stay current in all requirements for their duties/responsibilities
- Ensure volunteers maintain professionalism and follow Red Cross Code of Conduct
- Assist as well as assist in planning and participate in volunteer recognition activities
- Support or/and conduct interviews with clients to gather the details to initiate a search for their loved ones.
- Ensure proper search for missing relatives in the community through: reviewing and analyzing case details in the case management database, conducting home visits, speaking with community members, and contacting organizations serving refugees and migrants.
- Ensure the delivery of Red Cross Family News Messages to clients from their relatives, as well as collect replies.
- Keep clients informed of the progress made on their cases.
- Ensure the delivery of news to clients on the results of their search.
- Ensure proper new case information and case updates are entered into case management database accurately and thoroughly.
- Provide or support that competent, high quality, and efficient casework services are provided to clients while displaying empathy and adhering to the Fundamental Principals of the Red Cross as well as the program standards and guidance set forth by National Headquarters.
- Identify successful stories to promote RFL services
- Volunteer management experience (Preferred)
- Desire to support the American Red Cross humanitarian mission through reconnecting separated families. (Required)
- Ability to work independently with diverse populations in a culturally competent manner, and to embody the Red Cross Fundamental Principals including Impartiality and Neutrality. (Required)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, experience working in databases; coupled with excellent research skills and comfort using technology. (Required)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills. (Required)
- Excellent attention to detail. (Required)
- Experience working with, diverse communities including migrants and refugees. (Preferred)
- Orientation to the American Red Cross (online)
- Introduction to Restoring Family Links (online)
- Restoring Family Links Casework Course (online or in-class)
- FLAnswers database training modules (online)
- On-The-Job training and shadowing with an experienced RFL caseworker
- Psychological First Aid (online)
- The World of Red Cross and Red Crescent (online)
- Disaster Cycle Services introduction
Development Opportunities: This position offers the opportunity to develop an array of professional skills including casework, case management, interviewing skills, ability to communicate program scope and limitations, records management and empathy. In addition, the caseworker team member is able to contribute meaningfully to a program which serves families who have been internationally separated due to crisis, armed conflict, migration and/or disaster.
About The American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania
2201 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15222, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Pittsburgh, PA 15222
October 21, 2021
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Case Work / Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training