Best Buddies Michigan - Advisory Board Member
We are looking for Advisory Board Members who will work in partnership with Best Buddies Staff to help
- Expand the mission of Best Buddies in Michigan
- Advocate for people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities ("IDD")
- Raise funds for our work here in Michigan
- Assist with our two annual events - Gala in the fall; Friendship Walk in the spring
You will be required to attend 8 to 10 meetings per year (most are virtual).
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Best Buddies Michigan
100 SE 2ND ST STE 2200, MIAMI, FL 33131, US
Best Buddies is the world's largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical, and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
Best Buddies International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 11, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Social Work
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 2 hours per month plus available time to assist with 2 annual fundraising events.