Red Cross Volunteer Engagement and Recognition Specialist
The American Red Cross is made up of a 90% volunteer led workforce. We know the importance of our volunteers, and seek to engage and recognize them for the amazing for they do! We are looking for Volunteer Engagement and recognition specialists in many different departments. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in nonprofit management, volunteer coordination and Human Resources.
- Develop and implement both informal and formal volunteer appreciation & recognition events and programs.
- Promote a culture that supports volunteerism by reinforcing the importance of volunteer appreciation on a daily basis.
- Support volunteer supervisors with ideas, tips, and reminders for ways to informally and formally recognize volunteers.
- Coordinates processes and resources with Volunteer Services
- Previous leadership experience a plus
- Ability to plan and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Comfort with repetition
- Comfort working independently while also being a team player
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff/volunteer partners as well as board members, and senior management
- Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
230 NW 3rd AveVisalia, CA 93291
October 12, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Flexible schedule. About 3-6 hours per week, depending on current needs of the department.