Administrative Team Leader
Red Cross is looking for an experienced Administrative Lead volunteer in its Fresno office. This is a great opportunity to work with our amazing workforce, as well as be a part of the humanitarian work we do in our community. Great opportunity for a student or recently retired professional.
- Support the overall administrative functions of the Operations department and its staff and volunteers
- Help process vendor payments, manage document retention and vendor contracts and support or manage vendor relationships
- Coordinate work orders for fleet and facilities maintenance and repairs
- Provide support and training for front desk and administrative volunteers in the department
- Assist all levels of management and staff with Operations issues
- Direct the work of service venders involved with facilities maintenance and repairs
- Copy, file, and maintain paper or electronic documents
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered
- Coordinate the issuing and returning of Personal ID badges, keys and access cards
- Onboard, direct and assist Operations volunteers to perform work relating to administration, fleet or facilities issues throughout the region
- Build a professional relationship with local Red Cross Unit
- Learn professional skills
- Help others
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
1300 W Shaw Suite 4BFresno, CA 93711
October 19, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, part time. Office is currently open two days a week.