DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Fundraising & Community Outreach for an Upcoming Event
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), a nonprofit, strives to inspire purpose and passion, to empower and cultivate great minds in children, youth and teachers to improve educational outcomes in New York and developing countries.Background of Our Organization
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), is a nonprofit, newly established in 2019. It was birthed from the founder's traveling experiences and living abroad across Asia, and seeing a lack of educational resources and the lack of access to education in some very impoverished communities. The journey included training teachers, teaching children and youth, visiting rural schools with limited or no resources, experiencing children and youth who were hungry for small things, often taken for granted in the Western world, such as pencils and paper to write and books to read. This experience then evolved into a passion to serve the underserved, at risk and provide access to quality education for both teachers and students through pathways that inspire for life. This is when MBM was born.Job Description
What if you could go to your place of employment with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do contributes to a great cause? When you work with us in the role of Fundraising and Community Outreach, this could be your life. You will be a part of planning our upcoming Art & Jazz for a cause event this December.Essential Job Functions:
The position entails 5 main tasks:
- Raise awareness and promote the upcoming event through social media platforms
- Help promote event to raise funds for our cause
- Collaborate with senior leadership to prioritize tasks, activities and successful planning of event
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications
About Minds Beyond Measure
West 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, US
Minds Beyond Measures (MBM) mission is to partner with schools and organizations around the world, to promote access to educational equity, and to inspire and empower teachers and young people, through Creative Arts and Cultural Competency Programs, Transformational Coaching and Professional Development, all while cultivating great Minds Beyond Measure.
MBM's mission, to inspire and empower young people and educators while cultivating minds beyond measure, is accomplished through focusing on three pathways that use a sustainable model which supports individual transformation and organizational change:
1) Supporting educators and leaders through transformational coaching, professional development and teacher training, to develop sustainable and effective pedagogical practices, improve the quality of teaching and in turn, improve student outcomes.
2) Mentoring children and youth through Creative Arts and Cultural Competency programs to foster holistic growth and development, and nurture social, emotional and cognitive well-being.
3) Bridging the educational gap that exists in underserved communities across New York City and beyond, as well as impoverished nations around the world, through providing teacher training, professional development, children and youth development programs and educational resources, to provide all students with equitable access to education.
West 42nd StreetNew York, NY 10036
October 11, 2021
- General Education
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week until Dec 12
- Experience in organising an event.