3 people are interested
Refugee Youth Mentorship Communications Assistant
3 people are interested
Refugee Youth and Empowerment (RYSE) Initiative provides cross-collaboration and capacity building infrastructure for community-based mentorship programs supporting young adult refugees working towards academic, career, and personal goals.
The Communications Assistant role is a unique opportunity to join an all-volunteer nonprofit startup while learning and showcasing your ability to create media content and implement communication strategies. This is an unpaid position with flexible hours and is completely remote.
The team member will help ensure clear communication of organizational mission across all communication channels as the primary driver of RYSE Initiative’s external messaging. Platforms in use are Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, email newsletters, and the website. Communication goals include building brand identity, growing issue area advocacy relationships, and directing online traffic to the appropriate sources of further information. There is also the possibility to lead digital execution-across email, website, and social media-of fundraising and engagement campaigns throughout the year.
- Use social media and creative tools to maintain organizational branding
- Design communications strategy and evaluation metrics
- Draft marketing copy and visuals for social media calendar
- Execute across social media, newsletter, and website communication channels
- Develop marketing campaigns for key days, themes, and other prioritized content
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent content creation and written communication skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Must be a self-starter
- Familiar with Google Workspace, Canva, Mailchimp, or Wordpress
- An interest in marketing and social media management
- An interest in international and refugee issues
Email your resume and one paragraph describing your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing, rolling basis.
About Refugee Youth Success and Empowerment (RYSE) Initiative
1255 22nd St NW, #57405, Washington, DC 20037, US
Mission: Refugee Youth Success and Empowerment (RYSE) Initiative provides cross-collaboration and capacity-building infrastructure for community-based mentorship programs supporting young adult refugees working towards academic, career, and personal goals.
RYSE (pronounced "rise") Initiative is developing the infrastructure to provide programmatic support for mentorship programs to organizational staff at refugee-serving partner organizations, facilitate cross-collaboration and sharing of best practices amongst refugee youth mentors, and transfer relevant and applicable life skills and growth opportunities to young adult refugees.
The goal of traditional U.S. refugee resettlement agencies is to get families financially stable as quickly as possible. This means agencies focus on the breadwinner of the family. While important, this goal can sideline young adult family members who also need guidance on navigating education, careers, and everyday life in a new country. RYSE’s vision is to empower young adult refugees living in the United States with the contextual life skills to pursue opportunities for further education, career choices, self-sufficiency, and self-actualization in their new home with the support of the local community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 10, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training