5 people are interested
Join the American Liver Foundation's Associate Board to support those affected by liver disease
5 people are interested
The GNY Associate Board is a group of young professionals who are determined to educate young professionals about liver health, create funds for patient services and research on liver disease, and improve the lives of individuals and their families affected by liver disease.
The Associate Board is looking to expand in the NYC tri-state area. If you are interested in joining a network of young professional volunteers who leverage their work experiences and skills to further the mission of ALF, we need your help!
Learn more in person:
Grab a drink and learn more about the Greater New York Associate Board and how you can get involved in a long term volunteer opportunity.
On Wednesday, November 10 from 6 - 8 PM join the team from the Greater NYC Associate Board of the American Liver Foundation for a drink to learn more about our mission and how you can help. This event is free to attend. We ask that you register in advance here (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/happy-hour-w-the-nyc-associate-board-tickets-188377782017)
We’re currently growing in the following areas:
- Marketing and Social Media: The Associate Board is looking to expand its digital presence and boost its events marketing. We’re looking for several people to help promote the awareness of the Associate Board by creating promotional materials for events, developing content for the Associate Board website, working with the ALF HQ team to develop and approve social media content, and ideating ways to grow our digital audience and increase engagement.
- Events: The Associate Board creates, develops and manages a number of events throughout the year that expands the breadth of programming put on by ALF, and engages the young professional community. The events committee plans and executes all events, including connecting with and securing event spaces and platforms, decorations, and day-of details and logistics. In the past, we’ve thrown events such as Yoga by the Water, a virtual Nash Bash weekend, Game Night, and happy hours.
- Secretary: The Associate Board holds monthly meetings. The person in this role would be responsible for recording notes on monthly Associate Board meetings, sending notes and action items to the group post-meeting, and preparing the agenda prior to meetings
- Recruitment: We’re looking to grow the Associate Board and need your help managing the expansion, posting to volunteer sites, setting up and running recruitment events, and developing promotional materials to enlist new members.
- Fundraising and Sponsorship: The Associate Board is looking to expand its partnerships with companies and organizations that can help us achieve a greater impact in awareness, fundraising, and event logistics. Committee members help to secure items for silent auctions and raffles, increase awareness and participation at ALF- and AB-led events, and engage companies to support events and campaigns through financial sponsorship and team fundraising contributions
If you have any questions please contact the Associate Board Chair, Matthew Eng, at email@example.com.You can learn more about the Greater New York Associate Board at liverab.org
What to expect once you apply:
If you’ve been looking for a long-term volunteer opportunity where you can meet other young professionals, grow and use your professional skills, and support an organization that greatly impacts the lives of people with liver disease, consider applying.
Within 1-2 weeks of applying we’ll reach out and set up an introductory phone call and interview to talk about the American Liver Foundation, the Associate Board, and how volunteers can support our mission. You’ll be invited to join our next monthly board meeting (6 PM on the 1st Wednesday of every month) to see what we’re currently up to. If it’s a fit you will be invited to join the Associate Board.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Associate Board of the American Liver Foundation
39 Broadway, Suite 2700, New York, NY 10006, US
The Associate Board’s mission is to shape our world by empowering future leaders, building connections, and advancing ALF's mission in the Greater New York community to promote education, advocacy, support services and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease.
The American Liver Foundation’s Associate Board is a group of young professionals who are determined to educate young professionals about liver health, create funds for patient services and research on liver disease, and to improve the lives of individuals and their families affected by liver disease.
The Associate Board is looking to expand in the NYC tri-state area. If you are interested in joining a network of young professional volunteers who leverage their work experiences and skills to further the mission of ALF, we need your help.
39 BroadwaySuite 2700New York, NY 10006
October 10, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Development
- Event Planning / Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Usually 2-4 hours per month