5 people are interested
Human Resources Team Volunteer
5 people are interested
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit based in Austin, Texas, with team members in the US, Peru, Ecuador, Mexico and Europe. We conserve and restore tropical rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
Rainforest Partnership is looking for enthusiastic individuals interested in supporting our Human Resources team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our organization’s cause and has innovative ideas on improving our recruiting, onboarding, and retention practices.
This is an unpaid volunteer / internship opportunity, but may be claimed for class credit. The expected time commitment is about 10-15 hours per week.
- Entrepreneurial: resourceful, innovative, and action oriented.
- Efficient: organized and process/procedure driven.
- Empathetic: respect and understanding toward other’s perspectives
- Authentic: genuine and self-aware.
- Positive: focused on moving us toward desired results.
- Assists in volunteer and intern recruitment including:
- Creating postings
- Responding to emails for interested applicants
- Coordinating interviews between candidates and managers
- Conducting interviews with applicants
- Working with educational institutes
- Participating in recruiting events
- Organizing and hosting Webinars
- Maintaining and updating data in Monday.com
- Focus on improving employee relations:
- Creating connection events for new members
- Conducting and updating orientation practices
- Responsibility of following up with current RP members
- Providing ongoing support and resolving conflicts
- Creating an immersive experience for new members
- Maintaining and developing strong work relations between members
- Hosting team building events for the organization
- Knowledge of Human Resources Management
- Interviewing experience
- Time flexible and open availability during normal business hours
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Creative and has exceptional people skills
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Personable and empathetic individual
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Accountable, dependable at completing tasks in a timely manner
Please email RP at email@example.com with your questions.
About Rainforest Partnership
P.O. Box 49268, Austin, TX 78765, US
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 10, 2021
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Assistance
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18