2 people are interested
Tutor Trainer (Remote)/No experience training necessary
2 people are interested
The City Tutors, a tutoring and mentoring volunteer community non-profit, is seeking interns to serve as assistant tutor trainers. All majors and disciplines are encouraged to apply; intern job training is available for all applicants. No experience is necessary.
This is a 5-10 hours per week commitment, with flexible scheduling options available. This is a remote, unpaid internship. Great experience for those interested in management, counseling, education, human resources For more information about the City Tutors, visit our website at thecitytutors.org.Responsibilities
- E-mailing tutors and scheduling tutor training
- Factiliating all tutor training sessions and evaluating trainee material
- Informing Director of Volunteer Coordination when volunteers have completed required training
- Observing each tutorial session a tutor has at least once
- Currently an undergraduate or graduate student (all majors and disciplines encouraged to apply)
- Access to a computer and reliable internet with the ability to host internet video conferences
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with video conferencing tools like Zoom, Google Meet, and Skype
- There is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant. Position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a letter of reference.
The City Tutors (CT) partners with under-resourced nonprofits to expand equitable academic and professional development support for historically disadvantaged New Yorkers; and substantively increase students’ academic achievement across levels, and improve their preparedness for the workforce.
CT envisions a NYC where every New Yorker has a chance to reach their full potential because each is privileged to access vital tutoring and professional coaching resources when they need it, and at the pace they need it.
About The City Tutors
92-24 Queens Boulevard, Rego Park, NY 11374, US
The City Tutors (CT) is a NYC wide volunteer tutoring and mentoring hub that ensures historically underserved communities have equitable access to resources that are fundamental to educational and professional success.
Our vision is to create a hub where any New Yorker can leverage their academic and professional skills and content knowledge to uplift their community and where disadvantaged communities can access resources that they need.
We see tutoring as a way to empower individuals to work in the community. We provide flexible times, convenient locations, and meaningful experiences, allowing more community members to participate and to support community partners for longer.
We believe tutoring must be a reflective act that both helps strengthen individuals' support of others and helps individuals better understand themselves. We provide our tutors with access to industry mentors who help connect the work they are doing with us with what they've done in the past and what they want to do in the future.
We believe in leveraging the workforce skills of our community of volunteers by pairing those in need of professional support with industry experts who can provide insight into specific fields and feedback on professional documents.
We see the City Tutors as an opportunity to bring people together under a common purpose. We want like-minded individuals to feel they are part of a fellowship, to build their network with people within their discipline, and to expand the disciplines and industries they've been exposed to.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 9, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours a week