1 person is interested
IHF Kenya Children's Home Legacy Volunteer Programs
1 person is interested
The International Humanity Foundation (IHF) has been active in Kenya for over 20 years working with local tribes, caring for and educating children born into poverty and providing a place where international knowledge and skills can be employed to support the local community. Volunteers who sign up to donate their time at our IHF Kenya Center for the Legacy Volunteer programs make a very real impact during their stay participating in the various tasks.
The center is located in Kenya’s Rift Valley, in an area known as the African Great Lakes region. Meaning when you are not working, you are within two hours of some of the most spectacular national parks, wildlife, and adventure experiences you will find anywhere in Africa. Nakuru, Kenya acts as a hub for our education, agricultural, programs, as well as our other community development and empowerment work.
Spend your free time exploring your surroundings. For more information on the center and what the location has to offer please explore our Tourism Guide below:
IHF Nakuru Travel Guide
- Completion of at least four hours per day of tasks relating to the local operations and mission of the IHF Center.
Depending on location, local tasks may include:
- Provide hands on help with the center's day-to-day operations
- Participate in a cultural exchange, organizing special games and activities with our children
- Support our sustainable Peace Farm Project and learn how agriculture is still a vital part of everyday Kenyan life
- Help supplement our children’s education by joining in with our evening reading and study programs
Legacy Work Study Volunteer-
- In addition to the four hours of local tasks, completion of another four hours per day as a member of multiple International Online Teams.
- These online teams operate remotely with volunteers from around the world, and help all the IHF centers.
International online team tasks may include:
- Budgeting and finance
- Donor relations and sponsorships
- Social media campaigns and fundraising
- Website development
Legacy Specialist- Do you have any special skills or training which would be useful to the center, the community or the people we support? IHF is constantly looking for volunteers with expertise in medicine, engineering, construction etc; contact our volunteer team at email@example.com for more information. We have adjustable rates for volunteers willing to run professional legacy projects.
Volunteers accepted to this program will have:
- Confidence using the English language (both spoken and written)
- An open-mind, with an interest in learning not just about the community, but from the community
- Deep empathy for impoverished children and their communities
- The means to live in country at one of our centers for the duration of your program
- A commitment to our Core Values .
Note: Volunteers need no prior experience teaching, but do need to have patience and love for children. We provide all the necessary training, background , and supplies necessary for you to have meaningful interactions with the children and wider community.
Legacy Volunteer- The program requires a minimum time commitment of four hours a day during one week. Although we encourage our volunteers so stay up to a year.
Legacy Work Study Volunteer- The program requires a minimum time commitment of eight hours a day during four weeks. Although we encourage our volunteers so stay up to a year.
All volunteers receive one day off per week to relax and explore the beautiful and culturally rich region.
In addition to making a notable difference in the lives of the children we serve, you will also have access to the following benefits:
- Certificate of program completion
- Letter of recommendation upon request
- Enhance your CV with international experience
- Explore the natural beauty of Kenya
- Immerse yourself in local culture
- Join a global network of IHF volunteers and alumni
- Leave a Legacy by adding value to our center with your knowledge, skills and experience
The fees associated with volunteers stay depending on the number of hours they commit to IHF each day.
Legacy Volunteer- Volunteers committing four hours per day for a minimum of one week will pay $200 USD per week.
Legacy Work Study Volunteer- Volunteers commiting eight hours per day for a minimum of four weeks will pay $100 USD per week.
Accommodation and meals, prepared by a local community member, are included in this program. All program fees go towards supporting our centers, running our programs, and caring for our children. You’ll have a fabulous tourism experience whilst ensuring you are supporting a wonderful cause you’ll get to see with your own eyes.
Not included are your travel costs to and from our IHF Center, immunizations, travel insurance, visa fees, and any spending money you wish to bring with you.
Note: due to the nature of our work with children, should your application be accepted we do require a clean criminal background check which is less than one year old.
At-Home Volunteers - Not sure if you are ready to travel and live as a volunteer at one of our centers? No problem! IHF is searching for At-Home Volunteers to support our mission remotely by committing 2-3 hours per week from their homes around the world. An At-Home volunteer should have access to a dependable computer, wifi connection, and experience with Google Suites applications is a plus.
IHF accepts Legacy volunteer applications on a rolling basis
For more information, go to www.ihfonline.org
If you have more questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About IHF - International Humanity Foundation
4311 Pavlov Ave., San Diego, CA 92122, US
To educate impoverished children--activating their highest potential--and educate global citizens, through real life experiences, about the realities of impoverished communities, the value of other cultures, and the many responsibilities of running an international NGO. *Children always come first. We exist first and foremost to meet the needs of the children we serve. *Education empowers. We believe that education unlocks the door to greater potential and empowers people to make good decisions that lead to a brighter future for all of humankind. *Honesty is the only policy. Authenticity, sincerity, and transparency are not only paramount, they’re non-negotiable. *Celebrate differences. There’s a reason we see differently, our differences are not a liability, they are our strength.
The International Humanity Foundation (IHF) is an international non-religious, non-political, and nonprofit organisation that provides education and safe Children's Homes to impoverished children in Indonesia, Kenya, and Thailand through our five (5) IHF Centers.
We function entirely through the efforts of volunteers, sponsors, donors, and an Executive Leadership team from all over the world.
To develop global leaders with cross-cultural experiences, and respect for different cultures, from differing socioeconomic backgrounds, who are equipped to make decisions that serve and positively impact, promote, and protect the dignity and humanity of people everywhere.
International Humanity FoundationNakuru, Kenya
October 9, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Administrative Support
- Child Development
- Grant Writing / Research