17 people are interested
Government & Community Relationship Manager
ORGANIZATION: SCORE Broward
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
SCORE Broward has a strong presence in Southeast Florida.
We have developed excellent partnerships with federal, state, county, and local governments and municipalities as well as with other non-profits.
Those partnerships enable us to reach deeper into our communities to better serve entrepreneurs and small business owners.
The partnership program has grown to the point where its management and oversight is important. Additional management resources will ensure the flawless delivery of service, growth of the services offered, and the continued acquisition of new partners.
A volunteer is needed for the position of Manager, Government and Community Relations. That volunteer will work with another volunteer who is the chapter's Vice Chair of Government and Community Relations.
The work is mostly virtual. We use Zoom for meetings. All other communication is by phone or email. As the pandemic is easing we are starting to take some in-person meetings with government officials when everyone is comfortable with that. But the bulk of the work is virtual.
About SCORE Broward
299 East Broward Blvd., #123, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
299 E Broward BlvdSuite 299Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
July 13, 2023
- The Manager, Government & Community Relations will require 4-5 hours a week. Program management and development requires bridging the communication between the partners and SCORE
- Attention to details & follow up. Good verbal & written communication skills. The work is interesting. Keeps you sharp and learning.