LOOKING!!! For a NEW adventure we are seeking a creative explorer with purpose and passion!
Passion with Purpose
Assists the implementation of the regional volunteer recruitment plan by performing volunteer recruitment activities to attract a skilled, talented and diverse volunteer workforce to serve in all lines of business around the organization.
Time Commitment: 5-10+ hours per month (flexible)
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service.
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs.
- Recruiting experience OR the ability to effectively communicate Red Cross mission and activities in a manner that is both attractive and realistic.
Steady State (Blue Skies During Disasters) Key Responsibilities assist with everyday activities such as outreach, onboarding, training and engaging volunteers:
Community Communications with individuals and organizations to be virtually present and carry out creative ways to share our Red Cross story in our Houston Texas and surrounding communities to serve all humanity with passion and purpose!
- Must be able to Share our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plan with organizations; treat all clients, volunteers and partners with dignity and respect.
- Assists in the development and implementation of volunteer workforce recruitment activities.
- Recruits’ volunteers for all lines of service and departments.
- Promotes volunteer opportunities at community events.
- Advertises and markets for open-call events.
- Share events, trainings etc. on social media, when appropriate.
- Meets with Volunteer Management team to determine targeted recruitment needs in the region.
- Proactively recruits new volunteers for general and specific volunteer opportunities.
- Recruits current volunteers for new opportunities and leadership positions.
- Research outreach events and fairs. Reaches out to community groups to set up recruitment presentations through social media platforms at this time.
- Plans and carries out recruitment events in communities served assigned areas and potentially our region, for both identified partner groups and open-call interest meetings.
Social media leads to share our team's videos and photos on social media or Red Cross sites.
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Volunteer Recruitment Training Curriculum
- Take Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training within 30-90 days.
- On-the-job training and other trainings as needed.
The Volunteer Services Volunteer Recruitment Team Member receives support, guidance, and encouragement from the Volunteer Services Team and Regional Officer. He or she has access to relevant learning opportunities and materials that prepare for and support this role.
Professional Development into Leadership role: Promotion opportunities available within Volunteer Services.
Emergency Operational State (Grey Skies During Disasters):
- Work with Staff Services to identify daily priorities to recruit volunteers or partner organizations to serve humanity in need.
- NOTE* OPTIONAL - If interested and available to Deploy up to 14 days to a local or out of area Disaster Relief Operation for our Staff Services team you can be trained prior to our next disaster or you can work virtually in some disasters for Volunteer Services; ask me how you can help save lives!
*On-the-job training and other trainings as needed.
All my best,
Sylvia Burle I Volunteer Services Senior Recruiter
American Red Cross serving Texas Gulf Coast Region
American Red Cross 24-HOUR Disaster Line (866) 526-8300
T: (361) 500-5027 I E: email@example.com
FacebookITwitterIInstagramILinkedInI BlogI Redcross.org
About American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
2700 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77098, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. La Cruz Roja Americana previene y alivia el sufrimiento humano frente a emergencias movilizando el poder de los voluntarios y la generosidad de los donantes.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
123 PlaceholderHouston, TX 77007
October 8, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- *Flexible 5 - 10+ hours per week and/or month with individual projects and local disaster responses; *College Student Opportunities Academic Community Service hours available.