We are looking for an energetic and experienced Acting/Theater Instructor with a passion for working with teens and young children. The selected volunteer will facilitate virtual classes teaching youth about how to utilize acting, movement and speech to create believable performances.
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of students once or twice per week
- Must draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week and materials needed to perform projects.
- Teach students the fundamentals of acting theory, scene study, script analysis and voice and diction.
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of theatrical arts and various acting methods
- Prepare students for a virtual showcase performance in December 2021.
- Complete weekly session notes following each class
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Prior experience in Acting/Theater
- Prior teaching experience working with teens and young children is preferred
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- A degree or certification in Acting or Theater is a plus but not required
- Must be 18+ years old
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10469, US
I'RAISE mission is to raise, empower, and inspire minority youth to experience success and progress in all areas of their lives and to become successful leaders through raising and increasing self-esteem and self-worth.
- Mental Health Programs- Child & Youth Psychotherapy, Group Counseling, Art Therapy, Play Therapy
- Education Programs -College Impact Program, Genesis Tutoring Program
- After School Programs- Sports & Arts Afterschool (Basketball, football, dance, music, fine arts, chess, cheerleading),
- Community Performing Arts Program - Dance and Theater
- Mentoring - One-on-one or Group Mentoring
- Youth Self Care- Cosmetology program
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 18, 2021
- Theater Arts
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours
- Must be available 5 hours per week (Monday - Friday) between the hours of 2pm and 6pm EST. Minimum 3 month commitment