Public Relations Officer
We are looking for an experienced Public Relations Officer to join our team. As Public Relations Officer, you will be responsible for organizing and overseeing PR activities and ensuring effective communication with RISE’s constituents, media and the public. If you have the passion and the right background, and would like to join us in inspiring sustainable travel through education, we’d be happy to have you on board.
- Develop media relations strategies and PR campaigns
- Seek opportunities for press coverage of the organization’s programs and initiatives
- Address inquiries from the media
- Prepare press releases, media announcements, speeches and other PR copy
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Edit and update our media kit and other promotional materials and publications
- Provide effective crisis management solutions in times of need
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Communications and collaborate with internal teams (e.g. event, programs, marketing, etc.) on public relations efforts
- BSc/BA in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Ability to make media pitches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
About RISE TRAVEL INSTITUTE
770 River Road, #381, Edgewater, NJ 07020, US
Our mission is to inspire responsible, impactful, sustainable and ethical travel through education. We envision a world where travel is a force for positive transformation for both travelers and travel destinations.
- We offer online educational programs in sustainable travel for college students and young professionals, as well as study tours and travel scholarships.
- We collaborate with academics and professionals in tourism, social justice, animal protection, and environmental sustainability to empower young travelers to create a positive impact on host communities and the local environment.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 8, 2021
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Must be at least 18
- The Public Relations Officer is expected to commit 4 hours per week. This is an unpaid position.
- We are 100% remote team with no fixed location. If you’re interested in this role or have inquires about other volunteer opportunities, please visit risetravelinstitute.org/join-our-team.