- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Uhuru Book Fair Program and Stage Assistant
ORGANIZATION: One Africa! One Nation! Uhuru Flea Market
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Position Title:Uhuru Book Fair Program from the Stage and Stage Manager
Summary of Qualifications: As a member of the Program Committee the Uhuru Book Fair Program from the Stage and Stage Manager leads the 9am -5pm program from the stage
- Responsible for:
- Leads the team that coordinates the program including the stage manager, the assistant stage manager, time keeper, DJ, sound people and volunteers
- Fills all needed positions and trains the team
- Works with assistant to reach out to performers, speakers, exercise leaders, and other program participants to consolidate the program on the timeline set by APEDF.
- Develops POA for the program from the stage
- Reports weekly to the Mass APEDF Committee and the Program Committee
- Makes sure materials ie letters and contracts and the database are in place
- Produces the schedule for the day in writing for the booklet, the blog and a placard for the day of the event
- Gets the bios, photos and videos of program participants and posts them on the blog, works with the social media team to promote the participants and the festival
- Wins performers to endorse, promote the Health Festival to their base, cosponsor, take out ads, come to meetings
- Coordinates contracts for performers and consolidates their sound needs
- Coordinates give backs for performers and makes sure they are given out during the day
- Deals with sound and any stage logistics during the day
- Keeps the event running on time and smoothly, solves any problems
- Introduces performers to the MCs during the day
- Gives pertinent announcements to the MCs
- Builds and deepens relationships with program contacts, makes sure thank yous go out and all participants have a good experience with APEDF
- If we revert to the rain date, coordinates with the stage manager assistant to contact all performers speakers etc.
- Updates database with new contacts any issues or changes
- Pulls together with program committee to sum up and complete the report on each event noting any outstanding issues
- Make sure database is updated, new program contacts added
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Characteristics:
- Ability to work in excel, google drive or other program for program database, lists
- Hands on leader who helps others be successful
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with the public and be personable with all volunteers, team leaders, and program contacts
- Ability to uphold the policies and procedures of OAON Markets in a firm, non-liberal but flexible way
- Works collaboratively, team player
- Access to a personal vehicle a plus but not mandatory
- Includes but are not limited to walking and standing for long periods of time outside in different weather conditions.
About One Africa! One Nation! Uhuru Flea Market
832 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130, US
The African People's Education & Defense Fund (APEDF) develops and institutionalizes programs to defend the human and civil rights of the African community, and to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare, and economic development faced by African people.
The One Africa! One Nation Uhuru Flea Market (OAON Market) is an economic development institution of the APEDF. The OAON Market is a seasonal community market designed to support Black business both new and established, build a base of shoppers and supporters and build genuine economic develop opportunities where few opportunities are available. . During our April-October season we also have 2 large community events, Uhuru Health Festival and Uhuru Book Fair, both which organize the community around disparities in Health , Education and Economic Development.
APEDF is a black community-led non-profit that addresses the needs and interests of African people. African communities in the U.S. experience the highest rates of poverty, homelessness, unemployment and curable diseases. The African community faces the shortest life expectancy, attends under-resourced schools and lives in substandard housing.
Multiple locations Philadelphia, PA 19104
August 11, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Stage Management
- 5-10 hours weekly