Do you enjoy helping people? If so volunteer with Specialized.
Who may Volunteer?
- In most cases people 18 and over
- Veterans (in the Veteran to Veteran program)
- Musicians-Singers, Artists
- Caring people
- You receive a physical feeling of satisfaction.
- You meet new people and make new friends.
- You gain social and networking skills.
- You get feelings of gratitude.
- Volunteers have been found to have higher self esteem and overall better well-being.
- Volunteering makes you feel better.
Volunteers may help in our office:
- Writing letters, sending cards
- Fulfilling administrative needs such as filing or answering the phone
- Planning events, helping during the event
Volunteers may help with direct patient care:
- Sit with the patient and allow the family to get some rest or catch up with household chores
- Provide companionship
- Take family photos
- Companion Vigils (11th hour volunteers)
- Veteran to Veteran
About Specialized Hospice
2311 Redwood, Ste. B, Independence, MO 64057, US
We aim to give people the best end of life experience possible.
We offer hospice services to the Kansas City and surrounding area.
2311 Redwood, Ste. BIndependence, MO 64057
November 18, 2021
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours a month.