7 people are interested
Volunteer Recruiter/ University Recruiter
7 people are interested
Community Literature Initiative (CLI) and the Sims Library of Poetry are growing, and we are looking for assistance with our recruiting and talent acquisition. CLI attracts diverse and passionate individuals, which makes this a wonderful opportunity to join an amazing team committed to accessibility, representation, and inclusion in poetry. We seek to create a safe space for poets and poetry in South L.A. and beyond.
- Create and post positions to job boards, University work-study, and volunteer websites
- Review applications and select candidates
- Coordinate scheduling interviews
- Conduct interviews and take detailed notes
- Research staffing resources, finding creative
- Partner with local colleges and universities and student organizations
- Visit college campuses - USC and LA Film
We are looking for someone with 4-6 hours available between 9AM - 1PM (PT). Some flexibility with the schedule is possible as long as there is some availability during this time for meetings. Our recruiting needs ebb and flow, so the number of hours needed may vary.
About Community Literature Initiative
2702 W. Florence Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90047, US
Create an accessible, inclusive, and encouraging space for writers, poets, and artists alike.
The Community Literature Initiative is a Los Angeles based nonprofit organization focused on teaching writers in the city how to create poetry and fiction of a publishable quality. The CLI course is a 10-month (September to June) training program to refine works-in-progress into finalized manuscripts ready for publication. At the conclusion of the 10-month program, all participants are guaranteed a first-book publishing contract with one of our partnering Los Angeles Small Presses. At the conclusion of our program, all students emerge knowledgeable published authors! In addition to offering these courses, CLI staff & students teach free creative writing courses in local high schools.
2702 W Florence AveLos Angeles, CA 90043
October 7, 2021
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Diversity
- Human Resources Assistance
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 4-6 hours/ week
- Willing to visit USC and LA Film campuses to recruit students for work-study positions. Only candidates in the Los Angeles Metropolitan area will be considered. Thank you for your interest.