- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
15 people are interested
Research Associate (Volunteer): Content Dev related to Overshoot, Collapse, Sustainability, Climate
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
15 people are interested
About Global Crisis Response (GCR):
Global Crisis Response is a systematic effort aimed at collectively exploring the best means to articulate & navigate the current era of the Anthropocene characterized by Climate Change, Scarcity, Chaos & Uncertainty. It is the flagship initiative of Orb Tranz Research & Broadcasting Foundation, a not for profit (Section-8 Company) registered in Mumbai, India.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS (JD):
This is a multi-tasking- research, analysis & content writing profile involving the following tasks:
- Extensive reading of all literature (books , papers, articles) to enable content development
- Refinement of Theory of Change (TOC) & Conceptual Frameworks: Brainstorm (with the team), Research, Validation, Improvisation
- Assist Project Director in development and publication orientation series essays for the organization website
- Write supplementary essays independently
- Storyboard for each episode of GCR YouTube channel (based on essay series research)
- Any other related task as required by the Project Co-coordinator
Who can apply?
- Background in academics, journalism, research , grass-root activism (even candidates with extensive acquired through self-learning on related issues are welcome to apply)
- Interested in engaging with us for medium to long-term volunteer projects (6-12 months)
- Looking for a career sift into research, activism, advocacy, journalism
- Open for a critical analysis & evaluation of mainstream environmentalism
- Candidates who are extremely passionate committed towards holistic learning and have the patience may benefit the most from this opportunity.
Core Qualification & Expertise:
- Doctorates, Post- Graduates (preferably from academic disciplines related to Environment, Ecological Economics, Alternative Economics, Post-growth, Climate Change, Sustainability, Climate Justice, etc.) &/or with 5-10 years of relevant experience.
Candidate with the following skills will be preferred
- Ability to theorize, analyze & refine frameworks
- Experience& capability of writing research papers worthy of being published in Journals of repute
- Experience of Creative writing (blogs) or environmental Journalism
- Conceptual understanding of Environmental & Public Interest Communication
- Experience in Designing, execution of research and managing small research team will be useful
- Curious & passionate about issues related to Existential Risks, sustainability, climate change, scarcity etc.
Non-Core Skills (yet advantageous):
Candidates with the following skills will have an edge (though not essential for this JD)
- Practical social media promotion capabilities (Including SEO & Keyword Optimization for Blogs)*
- Powerful Presentations skills (ppt, Infographics, doodle etc.)
- Membership, Volunteer reach-out and management experience
- Fund-raising strategy and execution experience
- This is a useful opportunity to widen ones view about non-mainstream ideas like Overshoot, Existential Risks, Collapse, Degrowth, Post-growth etc.
- Candidate can receive experience certificate on satisfactory performance (It is possible to facilitate -on request -to certify this volunteer work as formal Research Internship project).
- Opportunity to co-author/author blogs and also get them published on our website (may be on Medium too)based on quality approval
- Candidate may continue to support the initiative through flexible volunteer participation options
- A fantastic experience for those who seek to make a significant difference in addressing the human predicament
- Candidate may receive special recommendation letter from the Director based on exceptional performance**
- GCR Volunteer-internship does not offer any stipend (being a Non-Profit Start-up) but we certainly respect your decision to dedicate your valuable skills & expertise towards this objectives of this public interest initiative
- Although Climate Change is an important aspect of our work it is not the primary focus
- Candidates who are extremely passionate committed towards holistic learning and have the patience & open-mindedness may benefit the most from this opportunity.
- Ideally committing 3-4 months will help the candidate to get the most out of this project
- Although in terms of amazing learning experience we assure you much but since we are a budding organization with meagre resources and supervision capabilities currently, so applicants must factor in that too.
About Orb-Tranz Research and Broadcasting Foundation
14 Udaygiri, Chhedanagar, Chembur, Mumbai 400089, GREATER MUMBAI(MUMBAI), MAHARASHTRA 400089, IN
VISION To be a catalyst in transitioning humanity & its systems towards a people (equitable) & planet (sustainable) friendly paradigm MISSION Our mission is to emerge as a global knowledge platform & public policy influencer dedicated towards publishing creative sustainability content (text, Infographics, videos) aimed at: - raising public awareness about Risks (Existential & Global Catastrophic Risks), their primary drivers & impacts, - analyzing trajectories, scenarios & forecasts for the future of humanity, - exploring solutions & alternative paradigms - exploring potential for a systemic transition towards a well-being & equity based society operating within planetary boundaries.
Global Crisis Response is a systematic effort aimed at collectively exploring the best means to navigate the current era of the Anthropocene characterized by Climate Change, Scarcity, Chaos & Uncertainty. It is the flagship initiative of Orb Tranz Research & Broadcasting Foundation, a not for profit (Section-8 Company) registered in Mumbai, India.We recognize and adopt the term Global Crisis (GC) characterizing existential risks to modern industrial human civilization (Societal Collapse & Sixth Mass Extinction) arising primarily due to Ecological Breakdown caused by deliberate human actions. Other existential risks emerging from Technology (Nuclear, Artificial Intelligence, Nanotechnology & Biotechnology) and Natural Disasters ( Super-volcanos, Asteroid etc.) are also considered but not the primary focus. We actively explore and welcome all ideas from all quarters (global North & South) that have the potential to reduce humanity’s existential risks and increases its resilience.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 29, 2021
- Environmental Science
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hrs per week