Red Cross seeking Community Volunteer Leaders to partner with Regional CEO
A Community Volunteer Leader (CVL) is a leadership volunteer who works in partnership with the Executive Director (or Regional Executive) with the primary goal of building capacity to deliver the local Red Cross mission. The CVL extends the reach of the Executive Director by serving as the face of Red Cross in a geographic location.
Roles and Responsibilities
Partnering with the Executive Director (or Regional Executive), the CVL works to enhance community presence and cultivating and stewarding key relationships that expand the Red Cross mission.
This may be accomplished through one or more of the following activities:
- Participating in local community events as an extension of the Executive Director or Regional Executive.
- Building, regaining and/or enhancing the Red Cross presence in the local community by sharing information and bringing relationships and resources to the Red Cross.
- Cultivating and stewarding external relationships (elected officials, local service clubs, partners and other key stakeholders) that expand the Red Cross mission.
- Serving as an advocate, representing Red Cross volunteer needs within a specific community.
- Sharing needs for volunteers with social networks & circles of influence.
- Maintaining a general working knowledge of all Red Cross services and critical needs.
- In chapters where Red Cross collects blood, the CVL
- Represents the Red Cross blood donation needs within a specific community.
- Shares the need for blood donations with social networks & circles of influence.
- Ensures blood drive sponsors are representative of the local community and fill specific needs identified by the region.
- Asks blood drive sponsors to meet blood drive objectives, increase the productivity of blood drives and help to recruit donors to blood drives.
- Asks new sponsors to participate in the blood donation program to meet the strategic needs of the region.
- Passion for the Red Cross mission and the community
- Demonstrated interest in promoting Red Cross opportunities and mission (to include biomedical services in markets with blood).
- A natural 'connector’; able to connect the community needs with American Red Cross
- Able to be sensitive to others and personally work well in stressful situations with a wide variety of people
- A creative self-starter who can successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Embraces diversity and inclusion and demonstrates understanding of the mission, vision, and seven fundamental principles.
- Leads by example and demonstrates Red Cross value
- Ability to work in a variety of roles, including those of consultant, collaborator, and administraton.
- The Executive Director/Regional Executive in coordination with appropriate Red Cross staff will provide appropriate Red Cross training, resources, and internal connections.
Time Commitment: Minimum of 10 hours a month
About American Red Cross - Cascades Region
3131 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 97227, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things. The Red Cross workforce is made up of over 90% volunteers, meaning our mission is carried out by community members like yourself.
Multiple locations Longview, WA 98632
October 16, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10 hours per month