1 person is interested
Volunteer Tutors Needed!
1 person is interested
Access Youth Academy is a nonprofit after-school program that supports underserved, low-income students from middle and high schools across San Diego County. Students enrolled in our program are trained in the sport of squash and are offered a variety of academic enrichment opportunities, including tutoring, academic check-ins, college advising support and more. Our mission is to provide the necessary resources for students to apply and graduate from a 4-year college/university. We accomplish this by empowering youth to excel through our program combining academic support, community service, and the sport of squash.
We are currently seeking experienced tutors in the following subjects: Spanish, English-Language Arts (ELA) and History. Candidates should have a demonstrated passion for education and serving youth as well as proven experience or knowledge of a specific academic subject. Candidates are expected to tutor students in-person at our facility at least 3 weekdays a month, between Monday and Thursday, from 3:30-6pm.
- Assist students with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, research and other academic tasks.
- Work with students to help them understand key concepts.
- Teaching skills to improve academic performance, including study strategies and tips for note-taking.
- Thorough knowledge of a specific academic subject.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly explain challenging concepts, provide instructions and deliver feedback.
- Ability to motivate and encourage students to improve their academic performance.
- Creativity and flexibility in order to personalize tutoring approach for each individual student.
- Patience and compassion for students as they develop and work through challenging subjects and concepts.
If interested, please contact Siarah Reed at email@example.com for more information.
About Access Youth Academy
704 Euclid Ave., San Diego, CA 92111, US
Access Youth Academy’s mission is to transform the lives of underserved youth through academic enrichment, health and wellness, social responsibility, and leadership development using the sport of squash as a catalyst. We believe every youth deserves equal access to educational and socio-economic opportunities for growth and advancement.
Access Youth Academy provides low income youth with a life changing opportunity. Our program teaches disadvantaged students to become proactive, contributing members of society through a holistic approach to youth development that includes individualized tutoring, squash coaching, and team building community service projects.
Through improved academics, increased community service, and program expansion, AYA will continue to provide marginalized youth populations in San Diego with the resources necessary to become productive citizens.
Make a difference by signing up to help today!
704 Euclid AvenueSan Diego, CA 92114
October 6, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Candidates must be available to tutor at least 3 days a month (between Monday and Thursday) from 3:30-6pm. 9-month commitment is also required.