Bridge Secondary Mentor
To indicate interest in this opportunity please fill out this form: https://ewaab.typeform.com/to/WEj9lWq3
We are looking for Secondary Mentors that come from various backgrounds with insightful experiences and stories to share. We see the Secondary Mentor as an additional role model that can offer advice and resources to both a Primary Mentor & their mentees.
- Must be a professor at an accredited academic institution or an industry professional at a non-profit or for-profit company
- Must be enthusiastic about becoming a member of the EWAAB community
- Previous leadership experience is not required, but encouraged
- All academic/industry of study are welcome
As the Secondary Mentor of a Bridge Mentorship Group, you will be responsible for the following:
- Attending the first academic session of the program
- Conduct a 1-2 hour academic session in the second half of the program (session 6) - this will be an in-person session unless virtual communication is necessary
- Extending yourself as a resource to your Primary Mentor & mentees outside of your sessions and offering your availability for extra support as needed
- Reporting the progress of your mentorship group through two (pre- and post-) program surveys to the EWAAB administration
Support and Benefits:
As a Secondary Mentor within our community, we care about your professional
development in learning, teaching, and community engagement. As a mentor, you will receive:
- Leadership and communication skills by training and doing
- An opportunity to make a direct impact in young students' lives by sharing your experiences and making yourself available as a role model
- An opportunity to expand your network globally within academia and industry
- An invitation to our annual International Women's Day event
- Highlights in our newsletters, online media, and other marketing materials
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ENCOURAGING WOMEN ACROSS ALL BORDERS
S-48501 CASTLE POINT TERRACE, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, US
Encouraging Women Across All Borders (EWAAB) is building a bridge to a world where women and non-binary folks can enter and rise in any field they choose by providing young undergraduate students with meaningful mentorship opportunities.
We are faced with an urgent, global problem. Despite knowing that diversity increases a company’s likelihood to financially outperform their peers, women and non-binary individuals are still vastly underrepresented in STEM and finance as well as in leadership positions across all professional fields.
We have an inventive solution to strengthen and accelerate any progress that has already been made. We developed a program that would transform young undergraduate students into confident, future leaders so they can break through any barriers entering and rising in their field of choice.
Bridge is a year-long mentorship program aimed at first and second year undergraduate students. Students not only interact with professional tools in theory, they put them into practice. All in a supportive environment that increases confidence and connection. Bridge was designed to connect students with peers, mentors & working professionals, provide students with professional & leadership tools as well as opportunities to use them in practice, and encourage them to step out of their comfort zone to find and seize their own opportunities. This program not only works to build a bridge between students and their future professional field, it gives them the tools, experience and encouragement they need to cross it.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 6, 2021
- Relationship Building
- A minimum of 3 hours over the course of the academic year but additional contact with mentees is encouraged.