DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Employment Development Coordinator (Volunteer/Remote)
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
If you're looking for additional experience, you should try working for a non-profit. At Abuse
Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skillsets, cross-train, lead
and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer position, however, it will give you
valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
Company Description: Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best
efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 10 major areas of abuse to
include: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Bullying, Spousal, Cyber, Child,
**This is an unpaid volunteer position
The Employment Development Specialist aids with and facilitates the human resource
processes. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as a liaison for
employees. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans
and positive employee relations. The Employment Development Specialist makes sure that
certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan
provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource
function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, and HRIS entry.
Responsibilities And What You Will Do:
● Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure
accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
● Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
● Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation, and maintains I-9 files.
● Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background
● Reconciles benefits statements.
● Conducts audits of payroll, benefits, or other HR programs and recommends corrective
● Assists with processing of terminations.
● Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
● Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director of HR.
● Scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
● Files documents into appropriate employee files.
● Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
Here are what we’re looking for:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
● Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
● At least two years of related experience are required.
● SHRM-CP credential preferred.
● Must be available to volunteer 8-10 hours a week
● Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
To prepare for your interview:
1) Completely peruse and review our website at http://GoARO.org
2) Prepare a few good questions for the interview
3) Interviews are typically 30-40 minutes so please make your responses during the interview
succinct and timely
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
For our hiring practices please refer to this link:
About ABUSE REFUGE INC
470 Olde Worthington Road, Suite 200, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Abuse Refuge Org is poised to be the definitive leader in the Abuse Care Industry. Ours is to "Breathe Life". We strive to grant victims clarity of their past and the present as well as to the many and multiple Abused Victims so they can proceed with their futures "Scot Free" from their woes and their tortures. We advance these victims closer and closer towards recovery. We look at the whole person well being, protection, therapy, and outcome.
To penetrate and overwhelm every aspect, from recognition, treatment, staffing, and guidance within the Abuse Care Industry. Further, our goal is to standardize "Whole personal conceptual treatment" throughout the Abuse Care Industry and to further develop a recognized and respected path to wellness. Ours is not to reinvent the wheel rather identify the metrics, reorient the existing components and define an ameliorated journey towards recovery and wellness.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 6, 2021
- Human Resources Assistance
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hrs/week