2 people are interested
Write Motivational cards for Homeless in Shelters and Elders in Care facilities
2 people are interested
Operation H.O.P.E (Health, Outreach, Partnership, Encouragement) was a community project for the community by the community. The idea was to reach those who were the most vulnerable during the winter months of the pandemic: those who were experiencing homelessness and those who were in nursing homes facing isolation. We wanted to make sure they know that we care about them too.
We partnered with Shelters, Nursing homes, and Non Profits to provide individuals with little bags full of goodies. At a minimum, we provided them with:
- Hand Sanitizer
- A treat like a couple of mints
- A word of encouragement or artwork (Greeting Cards, Origami, or 3D Printed Items)
- A warm item (socks, scarves, beanies, mittens).
Last year from October to February, we were able to make 5000 bags and distribute them to 64 organizations across the Portland Metro region. We worked with City officials, community members, and corporations to make this happen.
This year we want to expand our reach to Clackamas and Yamhill County too!
We need your help to write positive affirmative note cards for houseless people in the shelter and elders in care facilities.
You can purchase the cards from Amazon, or you can get creative and use materials or paper that you already have at home. For some samples, click here.
Remember that your message should be positive and age-appropriate for recipients
- Nothing is impossible, the word self says I'm possible
- Don't be discouraged, its is often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock
- There is always light at the end of the tunnel
- Rise above the storm and you will find sunshine
- You are amazing for facing this with so much courage and strength
- Hold On Pandemic Ends (HOPE). Don't give up
Please refrain from including any personally identifiable information on your note of encouragement. You may sign with your initials or with your first name only.
About Asha Hope Amanaki
7325 NE Imbrie Dr, #157, Hillsboro, OR 97124, US
Serving the vulnerable and marginalized communities via education, socialization, health, medical and food access through individual contributions, corporate sponsorships, and acting as enablers for nonprofits and business entities.
Asha Hope Amanaki serves the community through 4 major programs
1. Operation HOPE Winter: We make goodie bags for the homeless in shelters and elders in care facilities.
2. Operation HOPE Summer to make goodie bags for kids who are disproportionately affected by school closure during summer
3. Cook and Serve: We host cooking shows and then ask the attendees to cook the food for a homeless shelter
4. Art4Heart: We host art and craft-based sessions and attendees are requested to submit their creations as a fee for learning the new skill.
Multiple locations Hillsboro, OR 97124
October 6, 2021
- Arts Administration
- People 55+
- 5 minutes per card
- If you have creative skills like making Origami, 3D Printing, please reach out to us