Volunteer Board of Director
We are a brand new nonprofit that started up this year. We hope to have some volunteers for our Board of Director positions. We need help beginning our nonprofit and it's goals. We seek help with the initial policy developments, community outreach, and to help with the social justice issues the Sasignan face. We hope your skills and interests with social justice will come in use for our new beginning!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ATUX FOREVER-RESTORING ATTUANS FREEDOM
2940 SUN SPOT CIR, ANCHORAGE, AK 99507, US
The specific purpose of the organization is to support Sasignan (Attuans) a Unangax^ indigenous group of people whose families come from Attu, Alaska. The goal of the non-profit is to help Sasignan revive their cultural heritage and to support the interests of the Sasignan. Our hope is to bring hope, healing, and a better future for all of our people.
Our main goal is to support this group of people that have always been ignored and treated as nonexistent. We hope to bring a light to these people. Thigs our orgnaization will do:
- Help with trips to Attu
- Cultural revival & cultural activities
- Renew our language
- Return Sasignan stolen remains to Attu
- Provide educational opportunities to community
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 5, 2021
- Executive Admin
- Legal (General)
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment is flexible and can be based on what you prefer, but we do need to get our nonprofit running so there just needs to be a balance.
- To follow the nonprofit statue of duty of care, duty of loyalty, and duty of obedience.