Help Families Recover After Home Fires in Lake Tahoe
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross, Gold Country Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Work with those affected by disasters!
People affected by disaster need your support and care! As a Red Cross Recovery Caseworker, you'll be part of a team helping to connect those affected by disaster to local resources to assist them on a path toward recovery.
Recovery Casework can be completed in two different ways.
- Volunteer on a weekly basis, typically 4-6 hours per week from home; or
- Volunteer for a disaster relief operation (during a disaster like a hurricane or wildfire) deployment where multiple shifts of 10 - 12 hours each, for at least 5 consecutive days, is required.
Safety first! Those with unconfirmed, full vaccinations must wear a mask for all in-person work. Masks must also be worn at all shelters.
Apply or learn more here https://rdcrss.org/3v1f1HJ
Please email Sherilyn.Bethoney@RedCross.org with any questions.
Thank you for your interest in serving the American Red Cross!
164 More opportunities with American Red Cross, Gold Country Region
About American Red Cross, Gold Country Region
1565 Exposition Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95815, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors
Each day, thousands of people - people just like you - provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world.
We roll up our sleeves and donate time, money and blood. We learn or teach life-saving skills so our communities can be better prepared when the need arises. We do this every day because the Red Cross is needed - every day.
Throughout Truckee and TahoeTahoe City, CA 96145
May 25, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Office Reception
- Disaster Response
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two options: Weekly work, typically 4-6 hours per week. Or become a Disaster Responder and deploy to a local disaster relief operation for a minimum of 5 consecutive days, 10-12 hours per day.
- COVID vaccines are recommended but not required for those working virtually. Those working in shelters or who have unconfirmed, full vaccinations are required to wear masks.